1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh's favorite followups to Gourai

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Setsuna_Goh, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

what would you guys say are the best follow ups to a gourai ([3][3]+[P]+[G]) if you make your opponent hit the wall?

personally i like the knee [6]+[K] or a low throw, pounce if they're low on life or kick if i expect them to retaliate quickly

2. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

personally I always go with a simple ground throw, it does more damage than [6][K] and it just looks cooler. I think if when you perform that throw, if your opponent hits the wall, he'll land face up with his head towards you, this is an uncommon situation, so you'll get to do an uncommon ground throw. you can do a [6][K] any time.

3. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

I tend to use [3][3][6][P]+[K], not for the damage but because it is inescapable and also the opponent lands face down so when (if) the recover they are not in a good position and you can follow up.

4. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

i see shrm used most often

5. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

good point, but even if it IS an uncommon ground throw, it can always be escaped, whereas a knee or a pounce can't, i tend to use the ground throws more for the rest of the ring and the knee for the walls.

i wonder if you can get in a bounce combo after that tho..

6. EagleJin

EagleJin New Member

I always do [3][3][6][P]+[K], [6]+[K] or just [3][3][6][P]+[K] followed by back dash, and wait for an opportunity to attack when opp's rising..