1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GT3

Discussion in 'General' started by SummAh, May 7, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

GT3..the real deal..

FUCKING BRILLIANT~~~~~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

f355.......the real deal!

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

"When you're not training somebody else is training to kick your ass."

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

As soon as I finish exams..
    U me..
    WE BATTLE ON THE RACE TRACK~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Amen! (nt)

Sho 'nuff! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    F355 Battle?

Hmmm... do you guys do network races against each other in F355 Challenge or something? If so, can I join in on this competition? This ought to be interesting.

Oh, and on a semi-related note. If you guys want your best lap times and driving data saved on a site, go to the URLs listed below:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.concentric.net/~ktuj/f355/main.html>F355 Challenge Site</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.concentric.net/~ktuj/sr2/segarally/replays.html>Sega Rally 2 Site</A>

Thesa are good places to keep your SR2 replays and F355 driving data while you save the space available on your VMUs for other game files. Plus, this gives you a little something to brag about as well. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Kruza

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: Amen! (nt)

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Sho 'nuff!

<hr></blockquote>

Damn!!! That movie was the bomb!!! I saw it quite a few times when I was a kid, saw it again about two months ago. Gotta love Bruce Leeroy!!!

-Chanchai

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Who's the master?

:)

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: F355 Battle?

Not only that...do u play PSO as well? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN~~~'

9. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

looks like another thing we disagree on freddie - GT is good, but severely overrated

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

obviously...if we are to compare the realism factor...f355 wins hands down...

But in GT3's case...it's abt the fun factor..it's abt me n friends who know jack shit abt cars being able to pick up the controller...scream pass the corner..n scream " U ARE ALL MY BITCHES".

At the end of the day..that beats any damn realism in any game.

11. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

no, no, no - you've got it all wrong. the problem with the GT games is that it tries too hard to be realistic that it left all the fun to the likes of sega rally. it is much harder to enjoy GT at first than to enjoy many, many other racers.
    so there! :)

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

What in god's name is wrong with u recently...
    U have repeatedly force ur views upon others~

13. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i'm not forcing anything on anybody, just stating that i disagree on a couple of points (such as the notion that GT is gameplay over graphics). i am entitled to my own opinion, even it is differs entirely to yours or anyone elses.
    how many smilie faces do i need to use before people understand that my 'arguing' is merely me stating my own opinion? :)
    in fact, the 'so there! :)' from my last post was to acknowledge that my points may come across as pushy - the smilie at the end of it was to indicate that any 'pushy-ness' was not intended to sound so, er, pushy. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by uk_kid on 05/25/01 07:11 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

14. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Kruza you need to practice. :D

Go to the official rankings for some really good lap times.

CIN

15. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a lot of good (excellent) lap times on the official rankings, naturally. However, what I do admire about the rankings that Kruza, Keith, and company have setup and the times they have posted is that they use NO ASSISTS WHATSOEVER.

If there's anything that does annoy me a bit about the official ranking board (they're still awesome as hell times overall and tough to do), it is that it's overpopulated by assist abusers and sometimes even automatic junkies. At least that was my impression the last time I checked the rankings.

-Chanchai

16. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

You mean the times at http://www.sega-rd2.com/f355/jp?

You say I need practice? Well, no kidding. Especially after considering that I posted the times for the Dreamcast-exclusive courses (Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Sepang, Fiorano) plus the full Suzuka and Long Beach months ago (October 2000) and took a long hiatus from this game because of spending tons of time playing NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and PSO online as well as finishing a 24-hour version of the Le Mans race in Test Drive Le Mans -- among playing some other games sparingly. Also, considering that I posted my times using a modified car for only 2 courses (Monza & Sugo), while planning on redoing these courses and some other ones soon. And finally... considering that I really dislike 3 courses that I rarely race on (Motegi, Atlanta, and Suzuka Short) while still submitting times for 'em and will more than likely not race on 'em again -- unless I'm forced to race on Motegi and Suzuka Short courses while participating in network races. After getting back into the game, I will begin to challenge the times that I call "worthy" (see below).

I've already been to the official F355 rankings boards many times, as well as viewed the "best" replays of drivers that had any posted. While the times are great, the problem that I have with 'em is that most of the times posted up at the rankings boards (80% or greater in fact) have been achieved by taking advantage of existing flaws in the game engine with the use of nazodrift, hiroshift, and kazushift techniques. Plus, there's many times that has been achieved with the abuse of the assist functions -- going far beyond the reason of why Sega had included 'em in the game for the first place. To me, using these "cheap" techniques along with the assist functions in order to achieve a best lap time is the equivalent to using codes from a Gameshark to help you beat a game. Would you give credit to someone who is able to beat Gunstar Heroes with unlimited continues and/or unlimited ammo (different genres I know, but the same principle applies here)? I know I wouldn't. I pay attention and truly respect the times that were accomplished without going through "cheap" methods in order to do so, and these are the times I'm currently aiming for.

Kruza

17. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Yeah, I play PSO. I also play NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, Daytona USA (whenever I can actually finish a decent percentage of online races), and Quake 3 Arena online.

We can meet up at a server lobby in one of these games if you want. Just name the game and suggest a time that we can meet, and I'll see if/when I can make it.

Kruza

18. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    LOL!

I didn't think anyone here would know what I was referring to. The Last Dragon is a classic. Last time I saw this movie was a few weeks ago. You gotta love the visual effects of "The Glow"! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Kruza

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Damn right...
    No assist is the way to play F355.!~

Okay...as soon as I finish mah assignments(this coming friday) me shall mail u abt meeting up in Ragol /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Exactly

I truly believe that it was a big mistake that the AM2 programmers of F355 Challenge allowed people to post up times that were achieved with the use of assist functions. Lap times that were done with the help of assist functions should've never been allowed to be posted on the official rankings board. Had this been taken care of early on, there wouldn't be such a large influx of lap times that were done in a "cheap" manner. Oh well... I hope that AM2 has learned from this while developing any other simulation-type driving game so to prevent something like this from happening again.

Kruza