1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard Challenge help (Was Re: VF4 Evo TACTICS ADVICE ...)

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Darrius_Cole, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    It has been a while since the last post in this thread, but I think it is still relevant.

I am have a problem completing the Guard Challenge. I am on Guard Challenge 3. In this challenge you have to stand and block Akira's standing punch [P] . Akira will then follow with either, [P]+[G], or [2_][4][6][P], or a low shoulder, I think the command is [3][P]+[K], I don't play Akira, so I am not certain of the last command. You have to block 10 in a row to complete the challenge.

I do not know what to look for in order to tell whether he is going to do, [P]+[G], or [2_][4][6][P]. He always gets me with that one. What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking for? What should I do to pass this challenge?

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Evo TACTICS ADVICE for all characters

No offence but that has nothing to do with this thread topic at all.

But seen as though I'm in a happy mood I'll tell you that exercise is about Fuzzy Guarding, essentially a technique of pressing [2][G] (or [3][3]/[1][1][G]) in certain situations in order to duck throws but block mid attacks.

When Akira Punches you, you're at -1 frames wise and you can apply FG to neutral situations (0 frame advantage), -1 or -2. Part 4 deals with -2, part 3 is -1.

Basically when his punch hits you, you'll need to enter [2][G] for a certain (quick) amount of time. This will ensure you duck his throw if he goes for it (8 frames) or block his dbpm (fast attack 13/14 frames from standing) as you rise from you little bob or if he goes for his slow LBF move just hold down [2_][G].

It's been covered in far better detail on another thread so I'll try and locate it for you.

EDIT:

This is the thread you want:

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=65518&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

3. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    Re: VF4 Evo TACTICS ADVICE for all characters

LM_Akira.
    You are right. That doesn't have anything to do with this thread. My apologies, momentary Brain lapse. Thanks for the advice, though. Next time I will start a new thread. But for now I will try to find the other thread you spoke of.

4. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Fuzzy Guarding

The thread you want I've already posted a link to...it's underneath what I edited in my last post.