1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Having shun combo troubles

Discussion in 'Shun' started by clickbandit, Oct 21, 2003.

1. clickbandit

clickbandit New Member

I'm having trouble completing shuns combo 4 in tactics and advice. its [2][3][6][P]<[6_][P]<[2][3][6][P][P]
    what happens is ill get the punch and end up doing a down hit. or I will wiff the punch and finish the combo, wiffing the entire time. please help me.

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Whiffing the punch most likely means you aren't holding [6_][P] for the jab & Shun's feet are glued to the ground rather than inching forward. Getting the down attack rather than the Chowan means you're catching [3][P] rather than [2][3][6][P]. Tactics advice on the evo disk...good stuff...It might be helpful for you to watch the combo performed by the CPU a few times so you can check out it's timing or rhythm. Often knowing what a combo is supposed to sound like will help you dial it, since all you have to do is fit the joystick motions in between the beats. Don't rush, just [2][3][6_]...[2][3][6] and key the [P]'s in rhythm. Good luck!

3. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    if you tap [G] after the first chowan youll get it 100% of the time.

4. Petrovsk

Petrovsk Active Member

Yes for some reason, it took me a month to figure out that [G] breaks canned series. Try entering [2][3][6_][P],[G],[P],[2][3][6][P][P]

5. OneTooMany

OneTooMany Well-Known Member

That [G] thing is gold

6. daikakusama

daikakusama New Member

sometimes after the second chouwan it's possible to add a [3][P] upper cut.
    when i do it it becomes an attack for opponents on the ground however...
    any tips on how to get the quick uppercut to come out instead?

7. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

for that, just hold [3] from right after shun starts the animation of the previous attack. Hard to get used to, but after not long, it'll be easy to anticipate, and be automatic

8. Mankey

Mankey Active Member

If it's any help, I find it easier and more reliable to input the chowan as: [2][3][6]~[P]