1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help: How do i get Kages knee to hit well afterTT

Discussion in 'Kage' started by RandomHajile, Feb 17, 2002.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

i cant seam to time it right:(
    in vf3 i just hop kick in to combo as my timin is lame
    an in vf4 i just down PK in to combo:(
    dont laugh

2. RandomHajile

i know you have to like Crouch Dash (df,df) then f+K for the knee to come out but i cant seam to time it so it comes out right after the turn around:( is there another way or am i just to slow

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you're too slow.

4. RandomHajile

i used to do it all about 50% of the time but now it hits to late, anyway i never needed it to be efective but i just want to be abel to do it consistanly like akiras knee, again i can only do that 50%

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Re: Help: How do i get Kages knee to hit well afte

except vs Shun, Pai and Aoi:
    before Kage is fully recovered from TFT, input 3236K (and hold the 6K if it makes it "feel" easier)

against Shun Pai Aoi:
    before Kage is fully recovered from TFT, input 323_, then quickly 6K as soon as you see Kage starts to have a crouching animiation (not even crouch dash yet). The timing is harder to get in this case, but it's doable since it feels more like in VF3 but still quicker. My suggestion is agains these three characters, use 2P+K combo.

6. RandomHajile

yea thanx but whats that in real directions? as in D for down, U for up an so on???

7. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The numbers are laid out in the same order as your numpad, so "323" translates to "df,d,df", a crouch dash forward.

8. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

Generally after u TFT, df,df,f K when u see the opponent starts to descend. That's how i do it myself. Does not guarantee all combos hit after that but the knee should hit at least.

You may want to use this as a guideline. Then again, u need practise. No amt of theory can help u master it :)

9. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

wrong i believe.
    it will work against Shun always.
    against lightweights, do your first [3] then do [3_], causing a long crouch dash. now enter [6]+[K], and it should work