1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help TFT combo

Discussion in 'Kage' started by ultralewis, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    I can never figure out the timing for the knee into the combo. I usually get the knee out but it comes out late so I can`t follow through with the rest of my combo.

The combo I am trying is TFT 336K, P_, 66P+K, PP4PK

I know there is a method of doing the knee by doing 2x quater circle forward and K. My knee generally comes out in perfect timing for the follow up when doing it this way but I am struggling to do it consistantly.

Any suggestions on how to do the knee consistantly using easy methods?

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

116K works best for me, the timing is the hardest part to get used to.

3. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

You already know the [2][3][6],[2][3][6][K] method. It's how I do it. I think I told you to do it this way?

You just need to buffer in the motion during the last few frames before you can attack out of the throw and get the last part of the motion - [6][+][K] in when you can attack.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I do it as a dragon punch.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    when I am having trouble with a combo I try to put it in the form of a rhythm. For example, when I was learning the dragon punch combo I went to Dojo mode and set the CPU to do the DP combo. While it was playing back I pretending the buttons were like drum pads and tried to play back each hit of the DP combo in a rhythmic way on my imaginary drum pads. Since it was like memorizing a tune that just won't stop playing back in your head I learn it very quickly and accurately thanks to the rhythmic muscle memory from repeating it over a hundred times or so.

Maybe you should try something like TFT say to yourself one one thousand, two one thousand, etc, etc at different speeds until you find the right timing.

I can't say my method will work for you, but I always use this as a last resort when I can't figure out a combo naturally.

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    336 k works very well for me, the timing isn't basic knowledge, but sommthing you have to learn.

The buffer window is pretty big, so once you can do just 33 afterwards, place the 6k where the crouch dash starts.

To mess around, mash on 33 (or 66) after a TFT to learn when kage finishes recovering after the throw.

Dang I just looked at the combo list and i don't remember my staple. Kage has some good ass moves huh? frickin 2_3 p and 6k.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The buffer is big so the method doesnt matter that much, as long as you are buffering crouch dash correctly. You can start inputting it when Kage lifts his back from the ground. Just try starting the input earlier.

I think timing is your problem, especially if the knee comes too late.

Ps. I use [3][3][6][K]

8. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

I had a problem like that, but I read from somewhere to replace the crouch with a crouch dash. Believe me, it work with me in a few times.[/size]

9. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Crouch dash works....

I always do it with my character... :>