1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

hk-vf.net questions

Discussion in 'General' started by FatalRose, Oct 29, 2008.

1. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

http://hk-vf.net

How does one view the items now? It directs you straight to the forum now when you open up the page.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    That section has been down for a few months. I'm afraid we probably won't see it up again.

I can't recall the full details but I believe they couldn't afford to keep the item section open.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The main site went down for a redesign (for 5R), and I guess it's not quite done yet.

There was never a problem with hosting the item images. It was the video hosting that had to stop due to the (un)affordability. I'm sure the item images will be back when the site returns.

Meanwhile, you can use http://buga.chew.jp/vfitem/ to get item images. If you can't navigate/read the japanese, then the top dropdown menu is the character selector. Then just hit that submit button at the bottom of the form to display all items for that character. Click on the name links to popup the image. The body of the form is just additional filters.

4. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Now not even the forums are showing up... Who knows if HK-VF will be avaliable again?

5. LiuKowloon

LiuKowloon Member

Since I am Virtua fans for 5 years, lots for me to ask here why Pai, Lau, Shun, Lei-Fei and Eileen couldn't speak Mandarin? (except Pai who speaks Cantonese) I hope SEGA employs chinese voice actors and actress to the game bcoz... I dun't understand Japanese. I hope Sega will try to improve those characters' quotes.

6. Murder_Material

Murder_Material Active Member

That would be nice but, for VF, western characters speak English and eastern characters speak Japanese. I don't think it will change in the future. Maybe AM2 just doesn't have anyone who speaks Mandarin? (or French, or Italian, or Spanish....)

7. LiuKowloon

LiuKowloon Member

I heard Sega's Virtua Fighter creator Yu Suzuki was doing some online stuff in China. That was good! Maybe, Yu Suzuki would employs some chinese voice actors and actress from China to the Vf Game. That would be nice too. I just don't understand Japanese that's all. Thanks!