1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hori EX2 mod help

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by caligvla, Jun 5, 2008.

1. caligvla

caligvla Member

Hi I have a Hori EX2, I would like to change out the stick to a 4-way. Does anyone with experience modifying these care take on a side project and help me out?

Or if there already is a 4 way sick compatible with the Xbox 360 please point me in the right direction.

2. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

How is the Hori EX2 not a four way??? It's not an 8. The gate is square in the EX2, that's not what you want?

I maybe confused what you're asking though...

3. caligvla

caligvla Member

If you move the stick to any of the 4 diagonal positions it will engage 2 miro-switches, hence giving it 8 way control. I want a true 4-way stick where only UP Down Right & Left can be engaged 1 at a time. Can anyone help do this mod?

4. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

buy a sanwa gt-8f restrictor and switch the gate to 4 way. installation is the same as any sanwa gt-y mod.

5. caligvla

caligvla Member

can anyone that wants to earn a few bucks do this for me, I am not capable of that mod.

6. caligvla

caligvla Member

No one out there is willing to help me out??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

7. caligvla

caligvla Member

Please... pretty please... I really need someone to do this mod for me...

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    There aren't many people capable of doing mods here at this site so asking here might be futile.

Try asking some people here -> Shroyuken.com Tech Talk forum

Just curious, why do you want a 4-way restrictor on an Hori EX2? Only way I can see that being beneficial is for classic arcade games like Pacman/Ms. Pacman.

9. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

i think he may be confusing 4-way with square.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    caligvla is not confused. He's asking for a gate that would need to be shaped like a plus sign. Maybe a square gate phased 45 degrees would work. I don't know if that's possible or existent. 001 may have given the answer. Just need to source those parts. They just snap in (to a JLF stick).

11. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

why would he want a true 4-way restrictor for VF? (I assume it's for VF since he's posting here).

12. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

on a gt-8f restrictor you push in these tabs on the center and you can rotate the gate from square to like a <> shape so that the diagonals don't get activated making it a 4 way instead of 8 way.

getting a gt-8f and drilling 4 holes through it (which in the gt's case is already marked) to line up with the screw holes that go through the microswitches is all this mod would be if the original poster doesn't mind doing it himself.

spend $25 on a power drill and buy your gate and you are done vs. shipping your stick to someone, fee for doing really easy work, shipping back would be over $25 easy.

13. caligvla

caligvla Member

Yup I want it for Pac-Man championship edition, the game play is horrid on all the 8-way controllers

14. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

I wish I had somebody to mod my Hori EX2 :p

15. Kidvid711

Wait a minute, what type of gate does the Hori EX2 automatically came with?

16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Square gate

17. Kidvid711

heh. I order the parts. Then try to mod my Hori ex2 by myself. I ended up breaking it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Surprisingly, nothing works on the joystick except the guide button.