1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hori Fighting Stick 3. Button replacement help.

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by wonkykick, Jan 27, 2013.

1. wonkykick

wonkykick Member

Hello guys,
    I was wondering if any of you guys have any info on this. I have had a Hori stick come into my possession a very battered one. Two of the buttons are totally busted (when you push down they sometimes do not register) and all the rest very mushy. My question is, is it possible to replace the buttons with another high quality type of button or has it just had it's day? The size of the buttons including the surround is 30mm. All I would want to do really is just unsolder these crappy ones and solder some nice new ones back in. I have also heard that this stick is not great. Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

regards,
    Wonky.

2. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    You've effectively answered your own question ;) On the Hori Pro models, you just depress the two clips, then pop the new ones back in. Your cheaper model has them soldered right onto the PCB, as I understand it. You may also need the shorter profile Sanwa buttons. I would take a look through shoryuken.com for their extensive stick tech threads, and where to order the relevant parts.

wonkykick likes this.
  3. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    wonkykick likes this.
  4. wonkykick

wonkykick Member

Thank you very much for the replys guys.

capt_catalina likes this.