1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hori RAP or Hori SC2?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Raioumaru, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Raioumaru

Raioumaru New Member

Need a reccomendation...Both look great.

Also Everywhere I go RAP is out of stock. I cant find it anywhere! Anyone know a place?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I would buy a RAP.

3. Sabreknight

Sabreknight Member

Get Namco Arcade Stick.

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I hear NCSX is going to get a shipment of RAPs in by the end of this week. I'm not really sure how many of those are going to people who've already ordered the stick, though.

If you have the money and you can find it, I think the RAP is going to be not only a better-feeling stick but also a more reliable one. My old Soul Calibur 2 stick broke down on me after about 6 months or so of constant use. Pretty shitty.

5. Raioumaru

Raioumaru New Member

I ordered an SCII stick before you guys posted :p. Is durability the issue or is it just a bad controller in general. Im planning on using it for a couple months or so, upgrading to a RAP. Does that sound ok? Or is an SCII hori just that bad?

6. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

It is not bad.

It's practically the same as Hori's VF4evo stick. If someone's SC2 stick broke, it's just bad luck IMO.

I build my own. It won't break that easily.

7. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

I've heard many complaints as towards the Hori SC2 stick breaking down (from the stick itself to the buttons stopping working) so my recommendation is also the RAP. It's a very nice stick and it's practically BEGGING to be modded ^_^ so I say go for that and say FU to the SC2 stick.

8. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

My SC2 stick has not broke down yet, and I've had it for 8 months, plus been playing VF for 2 hours a day, three times a week. It still works great, but I would really like to get the RAP, but im kinda strapped for cash. Plus I guess the RAP is easy to mod. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

From my experience the buttons are the ones that stop working on a hori (don't pop back well) but on a Namco it's the stick (which is more serious). Rap > Hori Sc2 > Namco.

Peace Out.

/KiwE