1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How is this combo possible?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Feck, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

I first did on a Lau player online a few weeks ago but shrugged it off thinking something weird must have happened for it to work but today I did it again on an Akira (sorry PompeyFraz) today.

I can't get it to work in Dojo against any of the lightweights but I haven't checked each stance yet.

I got both the replays saved and watched them, when it worked on Akira he hit the wall just before the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hit so that might make more sense but on Lau it worked without a wall.

Some help with this would be great, I need to know if/when it is possible.

2. UKDiddy

UKDiddy Well-Known Member

Dang! I wonder how much damage that did?

3. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i wanna say its possible on counter but based on the inital move i dont think it matters...

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It might be possible if opponent hits the wall sufficiently high after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

5. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Maybe with the fastest possible input?

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes its possible, I just did it at dojo. Im not sure on what characters it works though, I tested on Aoi (poor girl is always test subject on Akiras combos). Trick is open stance and distance, if you set position "opp's back to the wall" then you need MORE than one dash-length away from the wall. Back up until CPU dashes twice, then move bit forward. The opp will hit the wall after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and slamdown will bounce (its not a wallslam but wallhit). 83 damage on normal hit. Thanks for finding this.

7. Chinny

Chinny Well-Known Member

It should work on all lights and mids if they hit the wall after 6KP.

But he got it to work on Lau with NO wall at all. That's what he wants to know.

And so do I. Cuz I haven't been able to get 43P to bounce after 6KP without a wall either.

8. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Does this one work on Pai? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif 1 frame /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

9. Chinny

Chinny Well-Known Member

If you mean without doing 214P before 6KP, then yes.

But from what I know 6PK has to be counterhit.

76 damage.

10. Feck

Yep it working on Lau with no wall was the weirdest thing for me, i'll have to try and get the replay on to the PC and upload it. It's totally confusing everytime I watch it.

Thanks Manji for testing this combo out with a wall, it seemed unreliable when I tried. I'll have to try in open stance and see how it works out.

Edit: also, do you guys know that side crumple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works on lightweights, just wondering cause i've never seen it mentioned anywhere and Dai Bison seemed amazed when I did it to him lol.

11. alphageek6788

alphageek6788 Member

maybe the one way you can get away with it is by haveing the person you are playing against make a little mistake that you can take advantage of.

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Please don't reply to old posts if you don't have new or solid information. For this thread, solid information (and an awesome response) would've been video of you doing B_Feck's combo on multiple characters.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That's not always a reason to post. I can think without sharing if it's not going to help anyone.

I disagree with this as well. Activity for it's own sake is not always that cool. I'd like this board to be bursting with new posts and threads as long as they contain information or effort designed to advance the understanding of VF. I get kinda bummed when I see new activity, click on it, and find someone posting just to share an opinion or abstract that is not new or helpful.

14. Feck

Cause i'm too poor/lazy to find a way of recording and uploading vids /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

15. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

The big problem with getting this combo [2][1][4][P], [6][K][P], [4][3][P], [4][6][P] to work is; what enables the bounce attack after [6][K][P] without using a wall?

I haven’t been able to do the combo, but I’m thinking your opponent has attempted a poorly thought fall recovery which has enabled a re-launch.

In VF5b you can check this in the replay, by turn on both player 1 & 2’s commands and input display. If you could check that information Feck, that might shed some light on why it worked, although I’m not sure if vf5c allows for both players commands in replays from online matches.

VFDC system part 1: Fall recovery section says “Fall Recovery will increase combo damage. If you attempt Fall Recovery during a float combo before being hit by a guaranteed very low hitting attack, the float damage modifier may be reset causing extra damage.”

Well in this case, the [4][3][P] is a guaranteed low attack after a float combo [6][K][P]. It is in the dojo, even when fast fall recovery is on, so I’m guessing a reset float modifier could be the reason.

While trying the combo, I did try a few other things, switching the combo around worked well, although the [4][6][P] isn’t a double palm anymore just a Standing Palm.

[2][1][4][P], [6][K][P], [4][6][P], [4][3][P] for 79 normal and 91 on counter hit, maybe even more if my failed recovery theory is correct and the last hit lands with the float damage modifier reset and a relaunch.

[2][1][4][P], [6][K][P], [4][6][P], [K]+[G](release [G] after 1 frame) for 79 and 90 on counter hit

Since writing the top part last night (but didn’t get a chance to post), today at lunch I fired up the game and set the dojo to use two controllers. So I could execute the moves on my joystick, and use controller 2 with my foot to attempt a recover using the circle button just before [4][3][P] hits.

Timing was harder than ever as you can imagine, so I reduce the move to [6][K][P], [4][3][P], so I could check for a bounce even on normal hit of [6][K][P]. And sure enough the [4][3][P] did bounce Lau fully with the inappropriate use of fall recovery, so I think that is the answer.

If two people with online play could setup a friendly match to verify this, we might know once and for all and get an awesome video of the whole move.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its possible for a wall to have an effect to the float without actual visible wallhit or wallsplat. If the floating character 'pushes' or touches the wall it may delay their descent sufficiently.

Id like to know if a wall was present in the combo at all, or was it performed from players back to the wall position?

17. SicilianVizzini

I’ve tried again getting another person to press button for fall recovery and I’m finding it impossible to get a combo bounce off the normal hit [6][K][P] [4][3][P] like I did a few times at lunchtime using my foot (although I was inputting
    [4][4][3][P] for the low hit as I was finding it smoother to input).

I was probably just in the zone at lunchtime with my timing, but the problem I’m having now, is that after [6][K][P] it seems like there is an input block before entering the [4][4][3][P]. Similar to the input block I get straight after using Akira’s throw [4][6][P]+[G] before being able to attack (having to wait until the opponent’s height is at maximum).
    I’ve also tried fitting in a press of [G] straight after [6][K][P] to try and clear the input buffer to see if that will help with the input speed, but now I’m thinking it is specific to when [P]+[K]+[G] is pressed (by the opponent) and the input speed of the move.
    B_Feck, the frame data and inputs for both characters while doing the move in your replay would be really useful.
    If you haven’t got a digital capture option, why not try capturing with VHS and composite output from the Xbox360, so you can watch it back in pause frame and write them down.

18. Feck

Nowhere near the wall when it landed on Lau, i've also got this combo to land on Aoi and that was when she was approaching a wall.

SicilianVizzini I really got no idea why it landed on Lau, I checked the replay and the Lau player wasn't mashing on p+k+g to recover.

I've messed about trying to get this combo to work a lot and the only time it's worked pretty well is against Aoi when she's approaching a wall, I can't recreate it any other way.

Also SicilianVizziniwas you testing on PS3 version? Cause as far as I remember 6kp didn't work too well in combo's back in Ver B.

19. SicilianVizzini

Two corrections to things I got wrong above(I should have waited another day before posting).

The [6][K][P] failed recovery I thought was bouncing yesterday on normal hit was actually on counter hit. When someone else watched me, it seemed I was pressing [P]+[K]+[G], a few frames before [6][K] landed. I assumed it was a failed fall recovery because the combo damage of [6][K][P] wasn’t 30 as in normal hit, or 39 as in counter hit, but 35 damage.
    I now realize that counter hit on a Lau punch is 35 damage and counter hit on a Lau kick is 39 damage (which the dojo use to mean counter hit). I should have guessed earlier given that pressing [P]+[K]+[G] for Lau is also punch.

I was also mistaken when I said the
    I got myself mixed up by changing CPU settings too frequently.

Getting back to the topic of the combo, I did find an idiosyncrasy using another Akira combo last night which might be relevant. [3][3][P], [4][3][P], [4][6][P]

The combo works on normal/counter hit for almost every character (didn’t check Dural) doing 70 damage on normal hit and 85 damage on counter hit.
    The exceptions for this combo are that Jeffery won’t combo bounce on either hit. Akira and Lei Fei won’t combo bounce on normal hit. And oddly Wolf does combo on normal hit, but seemed to need a sequence of
    [3][3][P] [6], [4][3][P], [4][6][P] for me to get it to work on counter hit.

I think adding the extra [6] is a 1F kill like I read about in Myke’s Combo thread , I assume a counter hit floats him higher, and a 1F frame kill will negate the float gain so the hit timing would match the normal hit timing, but I’m not completely sure on that.

So maybe a “no 1F kill” or “1F kill” is required on VF5c, I now don’t believe the move is possible on the PS3 version now, and iirc the floating was increased for vf5c. So I won’t be attempting again unless I buy a 360(which is now looking more likely now).

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I have both versions. Can you give me a recap what exactly you are attempting and I test?

ps. counterhit [6][K][P] -> [4][3][P] -> doublepalm is a combo on Lau, nothing special.