1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to get frame advantage with Pai's 3P.

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Lucky_GT, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I figured I'd let you guys in on the secret. I you do Pai's [3][P][K](Hold) and [2] cancel it within the fastest frames you can significantly lower the recovery on the attack. If done correctly she should instantly recover crouching instead of the normal version leaving you standing.

On Block: -3
    On NH: +3~+4
    On CH: Probably nitaku but you won't land it CH often.

I could only test on block in Dojo and the rest are based on observation from me using the move during matches. I'm 100% certain it grants frame advantage but may be off by a few frames.

2. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Good info, I don't cancel it with the down button enough it's an option I don't think about much unless I think about do rising moves or moves that require the 2,6 or 2,4 commands after the cancel using down. I didn't think it gave me frame advantage too. Good find.

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    2_6 should work well after this on NH. I'll have to give it a try.

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

yeh, her uppercut should be useful(if +4) when the opponents tend to 2P after that 3P hit.

I did test on block on dojo and it's "-3".