1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How would I go about asking Sega if it's O.K. to upload tournament footage to Youtube?

Discussion in 'General' started by DigitlSamurai, Dec 5, 2012.

1. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I'd like to upload some online tournament footage to Youtube, but I want to make sure Sega is O.K. with it first. Does anyone know what I need to do to request their permission?

Thanks in advance.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You don't need to run it by them, just upload it.

3. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Have they gone on record saying that it's O.K. for anyone who wants to upload to do so, or something?

4. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

LOL Digtl it's OK Just take a look at Liquid 1x Akira's uploads there's tons on them. You don't need to get consent from SEGA

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Why would they need to do that, they never went on record saying it wasn't ok right?

6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I think that technically it might be illegal, but Sega doesn't seem to care.

7. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Good publicity for them, unless it's full of deranged voice-overs like that "T-Spam" v Tricky vid. SEGA themselves have put money into recent FS tournaments outside of Japan, so clearly they recognise the scene. Just be advised events like Evo do sell the DVDs from it, so may send a take-down request if it's fairly recent.

8. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Does it matter that they're not majors? They're the online tournaments that BloodStyle hosts.

9. soke

soke Well-Known Member

I don't see why you would need their permission unless it was a tournament they sponsored themselves and stream themselves. You're good dude.

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I'm quite sure its absolutely fine to upload any matches onto youtube.