1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hydra presents: Florida Super Battle 2003, Oct 10th-12th.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by imf, Jun 12, 2003.

1. imf

imf Well-Known Member

<font color="yellow"> FSB 2003: The SunShine Showdown! </font>

What is it?: Players from all over NA are invited to come and compete in this 3on3 teambattle event to take place Sat, Oct. the 11th on the UCF campus. The tournament is free entry, and the 3 player teams do not need to be regional, although that is encouraged.

The setup: Right now we're looking to have 4 projectors running on 60inch screens along with an as of yet undetermined number of TV's on the side.

The prizes: The prizes are still being determined at this moment. It's likely that first place will be a multi-park pass to disney for the 3 winning team members on Sunday, as well as a fancy FSB trophy or cup of some sort for the captain of the winning team. 2nd and 3rd place prizes are still to be announce, along with final confirmation on the 1st place prize. There is scheduled to be a Kumite event Sat morning, and we'll try to have special prizes for that also.

Lodging: At the moment we're working on finding the best priced motels and hotels in the area, there are many affordable places to stay right around the UCF campus itself and we'll post with specific details over the following weeks.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Everyone interested in attending, plz post your intentions and let us know! =)

Updates and new information will continue to be posted leading up to the event. thx /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'll do my damnedest to show.

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I think I'd be down for this. I'll be able to confirm in a month when things settle down at work.

GE

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Srider is a GO!!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif CAN'T WAIT Joo0000

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Sounds good. You know I'll be there. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

JETBLUE!!!! They have Direct TV. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Yo guys,

This sounds like fun... With Nammy going to Japan, I need to recruit some unsigned "free agents" to fight with me here...

Is it going to be like it was at NYC, or will it be if you win you stay against the entirity of the other team until you are defeated? Pick a character and stick with it? 2 out of 3? We want details!

-Alex

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Down like a clown charlie brRaw- bReRhjhheEHhh?!?....*ahem*

Down like a clown Charlie braw- br-brown! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

going over to make a fool outta urself again ^^

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Hi my homosexual brothers (and sister wannabees)
    I shall attend.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ready for a machine banging experience!!!!!!

13. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Summers, if you post again, you have to come. ^0^

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

friendly spam baby ^0^

15. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Can I, can I get a hell yeah?

HELL YEAH!

16. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am gunna try my best to show...the only thing that can stop me is school (or being broke)

17. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Supergolden, As of now we are doing it Korean style. Lets say your the first player on your team, you dont get off till you lose, so if you go threw the entire team by yourself, then the number 2 and 3 guy on your team dont get to play. At least that round. we are still hashing out the format let us know what you think.

18. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Here is some Hotels in the area of UCF. One of the benefits of having it on campus is that its very easy to get from the hotels in the area to UCF.
    I dont know about prices and who is better or not. I will try and get in

[​IMG]
    Radisson University Hotel
    1724 N Alafaya Trl
    Orlando, FL 32826
    Main Phone: 407-658-9008
    Fax: 407-381-5456
    web page

[​IMG]
    Hilton Garden Inn
    1959 N Alafaya Tr.
    Orlando, FL 32826
    Phone: 407-992-5000
    web page

[​IMG]
    Holiday Inn Express
    8750 E. Colonial Dr.
    Orlando, FL 32826
    Phone: 407-282-3900
    web page

[​IMG]
    La Quinta Inn
    11805 Research Pkwy
    Orlando, FL 32826
    Phone: 407-737-6075 web page

Also if you want more you can go to this website, its has additional information on these and other Hotels in the UCF area.

Additional Hotels and Information

The campus is great, the tournament will be inside the student union. Inside there is a Subway, Wendys, Burrito Kitchen, Sabbaro, A bar and Grill place(that means BEER /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif). So you dont even have to leave the campus to go eat. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

19. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Weee...I get to share a hotel with cuddly creed.

20. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I am there. I am going to try and recruit my friend Axel, and Chris from Gainsville to come too. Supergolden, if I don't have a third member, you are on it. Pad playes unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!