1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN

Discussion in 'General' started by samtheseed, Nov 4, 2007.

1. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Bro! I just played this Lei-Fei guy on Ranked VF, he was a total noob and I almost lost with his cheap tactics. Then I create another match and he plays me again, AND WINS! I was so pissed man, and I thought how bad i wanted to curse him out and give him some shit, but i thought to myself "Damn, this guy sucks. I should teach him instead... He'll be my pupil, and after he's done with my training I'll send him out to the world to destroy" (No lie i was in a little Fu Manchu moment) Anyways, then it hit me... Instead of putting players off when you see a noob, we should invite them to player matches and teach them. Train them, and then THEY will do the same for others, and in that manner VF will spread to the nations. Yea so lets do that!

2. Cigar

Cigar Member

Or, maybe you should be more worried about why you lost to someone using such scrub tactics.
    And in experience online with DOA4, people don't like to be trained unless they ask for it.
    Some are actually offended.

3. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    I did ask myself that, and the only answer i got was that i got clouded by my fucking anger and lost.

4. Gallows_AGUT

Gallows_AGUT Well-Known Member

Possible, but as a self-described Scrub, there's only a few people that I want to say that they'll teach me. Any one else, I'd strike if they were present. You're better off learning to control your temper to keep under control for the next time.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Mr. theseed - it would make a little more sense if you had CRUSHED the scrub and wanted to teach. If you lose to scrubs - you might want to seek training for yourself.

Mr. _AGUT - you state you'd strike someone for offering un-needed assistance and then recommend someone else control their temper. I don't really understand your logic. Also, what's with the coffee philosophy in your sig? If I can't rebuild my transmission - I should get coffee for the transmission mechanic rather than pay him to fix my trans? I'd end up with a broken trans and jittery mechanic working on someone else's car. How far does this philosophy get you in life? <span style='font-size: 8pt'>I won't offer anymore unsolicited thoughts lest I get struck when I meet you.</span>

6. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Plague vs Eveyone else
    1 : 0

7. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I'd say it's

Plague 2 : 0 Everyone else.... and it's not really everyone... nevermind :p

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Struck by The Plague

Plague, you are the VF people's champ.
    Plague for president 08, Colbert for vice-president!
    Sebo for secretary of offense /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

9. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

It would make life so much cheaper.

Is anyone willing to mod a VSHG for me for a cup of coffee?

10. Gallows_AGUT

Gallows_AGUT Well-Known Member

Well Plague, it's just a saying. I probably wouldn't physically strike them, but a few of my friends have been victimized more than once by random thoughts I push on them that I would actually litterally use to my advantage in such a situation.

The coffee quote is from a funny webcomic I visit. The Outer Circle. I just thought I would share it with others.