1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

iam new how can i be strong ?

Discussion in 'General' started by mohamed_amervf5, Jun 5, 2022.

1. mohamed_amervf5

mohamed_amervf5 Active Member

iam new to vf how can i be strong?

2. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Being " strong" in fighting games is either a God given talent, or something you earn through years of discipline. Ignore the wiki, it's written by a Frankenstein group of hypergraphia try hards that aren't actually strong themselves. Worse than that it's full of disparate opinions and that can be confusing to a beginner. Learn the frame data for FS, buy the VirtuaFighter 5 Brady games manual by David Zhou and learn the terminology. It has good basic breakdowns on the main characters of VF5, most of which is still valid in Ultimate Showdown.

Other than that just play the game as much as you can , and don't shrink from a challenge match from another player because your fragile ego might get hurt.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    mohamed_amervf5 likes this.
  3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

First and foremost, this is a game, you should think about having fun.
    Secondo, skills comes after you gain a lot of experience and understand the mechanics of the game.
    Start from VFDC's wiki, learn the mechanics and have as much fun as possible while growing as a player.

Ares-olimpico and masterpo like this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    What do you mean by "strong" ?

5. mohamed_amervf5

professional

6. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    here is one easy to find definition for professional:

"engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime"

If you're trying to make VF your main paid occupation, you might want to try getting
    a job at:

https://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/studio/en/

To my knowledge, there are not enough paying tournaments, or enough prize money to make VF into a profession, therefore it would be difficult from a tournament playing, and winning perspective to become a professional.

If you put together a compelling enough Youtube or Twitch channel based on VF content, it might be possible to become a professional streamer if you can get enough regular patrons.

7. mohamed_amervf5

i donot know who you are talking about

8. mohamed_amervf5

there is very weak player name lightwingdragon his mom pray for him everyday in order to win by luck only haha

9. mohamed_amervf5

why you talk? you are noob shutup

masterpo and ICHIBANin10000 like this.
  10. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Very perceptive. This kid will be a champ one day.

Don't listen to Po. He's one of those losers I mentioned that suffers from hypergraphia: he types more about VF than he actually plays it, and he completely sucks at the game. His posts have no value, and being that he is an unfunny nerd, that includes comedic value.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  11. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Play arcade mode a few times on easy mode, to figure out and get a feel of the game. And don't get too obsessed, with fighting people online, because that will do you no good. Many noobs make that mistake, of getting obsessed with fighting people online, then they get their tails wooped by better players, and then they get demotivated. Instead, try to learn and figure out stuff, in practice mode.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  12. mohamed_amervf5

i actually can beat you , give me your psn ID , donot be a girl and ignore this

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Lol! That 90's arcade comment doesn't work on me dude.:p

But seriously anyway, I thought this topic was about you, trying to get good? In your first post, you said you are a noob, and then counteracting your topics title, by telling me you can beat me in VF?:p

No.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  14. Phoenix Force

Phoenix Force Member

OMG! This dude just cable pulled on me again. Lol

Mohamed_amervf5 a.k.a Unknownproo a.k.a Black_Wolffc a.k.a Piderman/Sweak a.ka DIEU-de-GUERRE don't think you're fooling anyone with your multiple fake names and PSN accounts.

Shame on you!!!

15. mohamed_amervf5

dieu de guerre ? not me , i can beat him too thanks..

16. mohamed_amervf5

i expected cowardness , nothing new

17. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Oh nooo:eek: I'm not just one of those losers. I am the quintessential loser. There is no loser anywhere or at any time that has been a better loser than me.

With my Dead Duck Broken Wing Kung Fu, I've raised losing to an art form and a skill among skillz. I have learned the secret Kung Fu of losing: "The more we lose, the better we get at losing"

@ICHIBANin10000 I'm not just one those losers. I'm Master Loser. I've honed my losing to a sharp precision instrument. I've achieved the ability to lose when I want, where I want and how I want and only under the conditions that I want.

I alone, have the power to lose in the past, the present, and the future simultaneously. I have lost in dimensions that you are not even aware that exist. Nooooooo I'm not just one of those losers, I am thee loser. I rule over the realm of kingdoms lost.

@ICHIBANin10000 In my presence you would be required to bend the knee and genuflect to the majesty and losing prowess that I have as the imminence of loss.

I am all there is, all there was, and all there shall be as it pertains to loss.

That's why I'm the ultimate Virtua Fighter, because I have mastered what all VF players fear most: Losing.:holla: The ultimate fear of taking an L in front of the crowd. The frustration of practicing with all your might, only to meet defeat after defeat. The shame and embarrassment of being humiliated in the ring on Twitch, Youtube, or at the Tournament. Through my subjugation of loss I've aggrandized absolute immunity to that fear.:p And as the old saying goes, the most dangerous foe that can be encountered is one that has nothing to lose. And I truly have nothing to lose.

@ICHIBANin10000 and @mohamed_amervf5 the next time you ladies are thinking about rage quitting, lag switching, pulling, spamming, unplugging, or running, I want you to think about Po and relax, lay back and just let it happen. Experience the loss, immerse yourself as it flows through you. Indulge in the warm and tingling feeling of the rapture in taking an L with no inhibition. Then and only then will you be free of the BullS#iT that has you bound to abject mediocrity.:sneaky:

@ICHIBANin10000 and @mohamed_amervf5 know this:

"We know that where there is no contention, there is neither defeat nor victory. The supple willow does not contend against the storm, yet it survives."

I cannot be beat, because even when I lose, I win.....;)

18. mohamed_amervf5

who the fuck is po , i never see you in vf or any video on youtube or anything , i think po is just a
    failure writer @masterpo

19. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @mohamed_amervf5 I'm sry ma'am I should have explained who the fuck po is

Po is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Po is no one and everyone. Po is a legend that many have sought and only a few have seen. Po is a monk that is rumored to be found in the mountains of Mystery in the temple of the Blue Dragon. Po is the master of the famed and esoteric Dead Duck Broken Wing Kung Fu style.

@mohamed_amervf5 now that you know., Bow your head, and bend the knee:cool:

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  20. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but there's no hope with VF, Tokido and Fuudo all went to Street Fighter, and I think some Tekken.

GIT GUD Virtua Fighter edition

1. VF Fighting Theory
    2. Execution
    3. Frame Data

4. Start Strategising (basic stuff is here on the forum)
    5. Goto VF Japanese Sites (Learn secret strategies)
    6. Goto Japan and play some pros (learn Japanese else communication barrier)

∞. Keep experimenting and hopefully create new strategies and maybe you'll be the western world champ.

Tha_FeauchA likes this.