1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If Rule 63 customisation

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, May 5, 2022.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

If Rule 63 customisation was there, would Sarah be moot? Would Sarah players be happy to play girl Jacky? (Appropriate animation adjustments made to female)

I was looking at Blackstar's guide for Sarah and whoa are you mains on some struggle bus. That really got me thinking piggy backing on the roster size debate; would Sarah and Pai be relevant with rule 63 (adjusting both age and sex for pai)

I learnt to love what virtua fighter is once I understood why it is. The smaller roster favours quality over quantity, a "fighters" over personalities approach.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sarah has enough variety right now that make her playstyle very unique from the rest of the roster. In my opinion, all 19 characters have a unique style that should not disappear in the future. Modifications/adjustments sure, but not removal of the unique style.

3. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Blasted Salami rated her c+ https://youtu.be/RRYhGX2WpW0

Why would folks play Sarah over Rule 63 Jacky? What really makes her unique? Flamingo gimmicks?

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

In my opinion, for majority of players...tier lists are only actually good for discussion purposes while you are taking a break from playing the game, dining out, etc. If you can't beat Sarah, what position she is on the tier list will not help you to compete against her.

Does Blasted Salami's character overview not provide enough information on what makes Sarah unique (whether you agree or disagree with the overview)?

DomAug likes this.
  5. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Enigmatic thread

-nero- likes this.
  6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    This post more enigmatic than the thread!?

7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Modern fighting games are all balanced? Reality disagrees with that. Because the amount of nerf patches, and balance patches out there, literally contradict that. Also, there is no such thing, as a balanced game, or a perfectly balanced game.