1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Goh one of the least-played characters online?

Discussion in 'General' started by biZArre_Logic, Jun 10, 2012.

1. biZArre_Logic

biZArre_Logic Active Member

I'm new(ish) to Virtua Fighter 5: FS, so excuse me if this question comes off as dumb. I don't see too many Goh players online, so I was just curious. If he isn't played much, why not? He's an awesome character.

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

There are no statistics as to how many VFers play Goh in Final Showdown (or for any other char, for that matter), so we can't really tell if he's actually underplayed at all. I've heard others say on IRC, for instance, that they literally encountered an armada of Goh players.

However, I think it's not an understatement that he was an underdog in the original Virtua Fighter 5 (aka the vanilla version) judging from the user activity of the Goh base on VFDC and elsewhere.

3. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I have seen Goh once since release.

4. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Member

I'm using him right now, but haven't seen any other Goh players online

5. Chestnut_Bowl

Chestnut_Bowl Member

I've met and have been beaten by quite a few Goh players since the game launched. He's not uncommon, at least on PSN.

Know who's rare? Jeffry.

6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Chestnut is right, jeffry is what's considered rare in my books online. I've seen lots of everything else.

7. Snowgoons

Snowgoons Member

I've seen a couple of Goh's. I've talked about this regarding a couple of different characters with people. The character I've seen the least is Kage, as I've only fought one, the guy I was talking to said he fights a lot of Kage's. I've faced a few Jeffry's, not many though, and Pai is definitely the character I've fought most with Jean second.

8. nstalkie

nstalkie Member

I hope he won't become the most popular character, as I'm playing him right now ! I hate it when the character I play becomes one of the most used [​IMG]

9. Snowgoons

Snowgoons Member

Well after reading Sebo's post describing different characters strengths and weaknesses, I have a feeling he will end up being the most popular character, I think a lot of new players will also think he's a badass and looks cool...like myself haha, but seriously I just love his fighting style, so fuck it, if he does become overused, I'll still rep him.

10. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Member

he does in fact look pretty bad ass, I gotta take a pic of the costume I made him

11. TheDictator

TheDictator Member

It´s pretty sweet that the chars in this series stands on equal ground (more or less). I have not met a one-man army of any char in VF5:FS, no Ken-brigades in this one. [​IMG]

12. EvilCanadian

EvilCanadian New Member

In 215 ranked games played, I have seen 2 Aoi players, so I would toss her out as least played.

There isn't really a most played I have seen, more Jean's and Jackys than average, but not by a landslide.

13. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Time to bust out my Trenchcoat and Underwear Goh.

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I've seen one Lei, one Jeff and one Kage since I started FS.

I'm up to 3 Goh now.

15. flatlinerz

flatlinerz Member

I rarely see Kage.....once so far on FS

16. Xehnon

Xehnon Member

I agree with you. Kage is rare in FS.

17. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I completely disagree, there is no shortage of any of the characters in FS being played online or off. Only things if you're talking about quality play from those characters that's a different story. :p

18. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I see several Aois on PSN only. Goh is popular on both platforms. I'm surprised at the lack of Lau and Pai players.

19. Snowgoons

Snowgoons Member

That's good, I hope it stays that way. On the same token, there are characters I've barely fought, that doesn't mean they're not out there though, like Kage, coming into this game I thought he would be extremely popular just for the fact that he was a ninja. I mean when I played VF1 and 2 as a kid that's why I picked him haha. Yet I've only fought one.

Seidon, I just picked up Lei, so there's at least one more out there...for now, I can't seem to stick to a character.

Really!?!?! I've been beaten down by so many Pai's I'm starting to hate the dessert. Don't see many Lau's though.

20. TaC

TaC Member

I've played a lot of matches against Goh on the 360 till yet. The most rarest character was Shun, for me. But who cares, the game is out for a few days, so things can change from one moment to the other. [​IMG]