1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean takes more damage than other characters?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Seidon, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Can anyone explain this to me?

Last night I was checking combos for blaze's 6k+g and when I got to testing CH stuff I found that the combo that lands on Jean, 6p+K p , 2p+k, KKK does 102 damage to jean while it does 96 to everyone else it lands on.

Why does this happen?

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I noticed the same thing testing Jacky combos, but I thought that damage varied across all characters and not just Jean. I didnt actually try the combos against many other characters though.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The difference is due to the base damage of the attack the CPU uses when you set it to "Counter Hit".

CPU Jean appears to use standing [K] (max charge). It has a base damage of 25 which means the CH bonus is 1.75x instead of the usual 1.5x. This is why Jean appears to take more damage -- it's because you're getting a bigger bonus off the CH.

Lord_Hollow and AnimalStaccato like this.
  4. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Ah, so that's how it works. So essentially the combo damage would be the same as everyone else if you got a CH off a different move of Jean's?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yep, provided that move did less than 25 points damage.

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Thanks for clearing that up, Myke!

7. DWR

DWR Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DrVonLee
    Actually, CPU Jean still uses the uncharged version of [K], wich is 17 dmg, but the game will still read it as a 25 or more move as if is fully charged, and gives you the x1.75 multiplier. Can test this by recording [K]~[G] on Jean, so you are sure that he's not charging the kick.

8. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Hooray for Myke!