1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Move Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Sebo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    pffft

2. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    The frame work is finished, as well as some scrubby perspective on his moves. Input, insults, questions, and corrections would be appreciated.

Rep Jeffry.

3. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif When used against a crouching opponent, it stands them up and staggers them, I think. It could be good to use when you have an advantage and think your opponent will either attack, in which case it counters, or you think your opponent will crouch, in which case it staggers them and sets them up fopr a throw/knee.

Also Jeff's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is useful when you fight Throwmasta. It gives you frame advantage after the single headbutt. He hates to get thrown, so throw out /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to knock him back down. Then poke him in the eye and run out of the room.

4. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Option B is to throw Throwmasta after the 1st /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, when he finally catches on to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Whatever one you try, you will always guess right and hit him 100% of the time...REALLY! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'd rather go for the HCF throw and get the guaranteed 65 pts damage though...

6. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

Some thoughts:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is great for bounce combos after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

I'm trying to find a use for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. It's pretty good on paper (with regard to advantage after the fact, and the sideturn), and is stepped in a different direction than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, but it all but requires point-blank range. At this point, I'm sure it has some sort of use, but I can't quite figure out what that is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a good thing to throw out after an evade now and again.. I treat it as a risk/reward move, like Jeff's knee. If it gets blocked, you're in trouble, of course... but if it hits, you have a low throw/ground throw mixup or guaranteed damage combo. It's also worth using once in a while in a way similar to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, as a backdash/whiff punisher ... though it's a little slow for that. I'd love some tips on incorporating this into my game, because it's a pretty high-reward kinda thing.

7. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Awesome post Sebo! I'm going to add my comments throughout your post in bold face.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Standard jab

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Longer ranged jab, used in combos

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Double jab, to be used in combos, might as well tack on the final /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Combos on normal hit? Yes

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- The final being an upper cut and mid hitting. Use in combos, though it can be delayed for once or twice (ever) to catch someone off guard(last few seconds of the final round). Combos on MC/mC?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Jeffry's old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, can go into Threat, now safe on block. Good for the last sliver of health in a match? Combos on normal hit? Yes, I think so

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Final hit is a high KD (knock down) hook, safe on block. For combos, never combos alone?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- To be used as in the same manner as Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? Just wish it could /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-cancel :(. Combos on normal hit? Yes it combos, and Jeffry should use it every now and then to counter an opponent

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- For combos on high wall splat? Last hit is special high... can hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifs? Combos on MC? Yes can hit low punches. Good to do once or twice to convince opponent to just block, then Jeffry can low throw or do a mid

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Jeffry's elbow. Now safe on block. -6 so Jeffry can fuzzy guard after it; -1 on normal hit though

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Combos on MC or after crouch stagger? Good for combos (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) for downed attack? Combos on MC, but not sure about staggers

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Great range poke, awesome in combos (leads to good Oki/wakes). Now safe on block. Can be delayed for second hit or can throw instead (like Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Awful new move (in comparison to his old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gifP), to be used in those final moments before you lose. Maybe has use for Oki? This move sucks...someone let me know if they find a use for it. Too slow and only half circular, blech

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Long range staggering kick, super slow, for Oki? Whiff punisher like at 1:06? Hard to use regularly in a real match. Opponent can only be fooled so many times

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- I've never found a use for this. Does it combo? This combos on normal hit. It's a decent move with good range. Hit check after the first hit well and the whole string is basically safe. Use after backdashing

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Kinda slow, but greatly damaging combo starter (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif). Good for oki? This move is special high and will punish whiffed low punches

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Stupid, don't bother, except as a panic move to get MC'd out of by Lau.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Awesome unsabaki-able attack with good range. Avoids some lows (I think so?!) and some highs. Good for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif flow charts, i.e.: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(blocked)>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(hit check)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Bad on block but...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- ...the follow up is threat enough, so you won't get thrown (maybe jabbed). Use this after the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hits.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Standard move of all, use to gain advantage. Don't abuse against characters with low crush, like Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and Shun's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Staggers on MC, but never found a use. Jeffry doesn't need this move any more

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Nice mid, leads to launch on normal hit for the followup.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- The hit that launches, unsafe on block. I'm not sure if it still works, but if the first hit is evaded to one side (I believe the arm that is used in the second hit of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifP:), the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif will connect. Still true (too situational)? Yeah, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is effectively a half circular move

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Gives same launch as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, avoids highs (?) and according to Ice-9 (in the long "Jeffry vs. Wolf" thread) it can avoid some mids like Wolf /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (misquote)?. These mids are: *will add later* Might be a misquote, dont' remember. It definitely goes under high attacks

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is an awesome move: 16i, half-circular, good range, safe on block, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-cancel. High, yes. But it knocks down on normal hit and leads to great damage. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be delayed, and if the 2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits crouched or on counter you can either finish the string with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or TKoD (Toe-Kick of Doom). Yes highly underrated move

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Great launcher that doesn't clash (will add link here). Leads to great damage through simple, not very stance dependent, combos. Sorry, it clashes just like every other 17 frame attack; early reports were not accurate

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Good for Oki, but this move gets stepped too easily and is too damn slow against /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif spamming characters. Great damage if you can land it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- A 14i mid* (special mid, doesn't damage crouch) knee, that stands up crouched opponents for a nice chop to the face. If /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits counter, follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for 40 damage (changed?). Opponent is chopped in the direction of the leg that knees, so with great tactical usage you can get a wall hit or ring out (theory fighter, sorry). Great shit, now spammable. Get your butt out of pressure jail move

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Decent ranged mid, if hits on counter or staggers, follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or on CH= TKoD. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is useful as an ender to some bounce combos (will link a vid here). Use in combos, especially after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif parallel stance

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Relatively fast low poke, no longer half circular, but a good poke. Just don't expect any advantage on any hit.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Awesome range and speed for a side kick (not special?). Knocks down on hit, on CH use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for a easy combo. Great for oki and against whiffs. Very good long distance attack

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- This is quite in depth.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Awesome mid hitting move, now 15i, Natural combo, good damage for speed, can be delayed, second hit on CH leads to a 2Dp sobering hit-throw.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- High risk, medium to high reward, mid attack that crumples on any hit. Best used after an evade (?). Best used after a backdash to punish failed evades, whiffed moves, etc. With Jeffry you'll be backdashing a lot /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Awesome 15i high move that leads to hit throw on any hit. Oki? Best used to punish failed evades, especially now that knee is now relatively too slow

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Can't see a use out side of wall combos for a rebounce. Good properties on block, so if the opponent is close can be used to poke

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Stupid fucking move, or at least in Evo. It is one of his few Front-steppable half-circs and can go into Threat. Natural combo on hit? NOT a stupid move -- use this in oki. For example, after you knock an opponent down do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, purposely letting it whiff. Then you can either throw or do the follow-up [K} as the opponent QR/TR. Nitaku if the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Awesome attack with great range, advantage (tiny) on block, great for bounce combos.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Unsafe as hell, but this move has several great advantages: Fast flopping move (lol), hits mid, can't be sabaki'd and only Aoi can reverse it (with good yomi/読み), and works great from backdash to punish whiff!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- This can be an awesome move if you have good yomi (ability to read opponent), as it avoids highs and even some mids (?). Leads to a HUGE float (non-turd).
    Mids it avoids: (I can't test it yet) Too slow though, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif might be more useful

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- This move is faster now, and therefor, has a use outside of beatdown. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followup is combo on __ hit. Combos on normal hit, and the drop elbow can and should be hit checked. Decent poking tool up close

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Now faster (but steppable), very delayable, not too much of a use for this move. If the third hits, fourth is guaranteed. Only use I've found for this move is as a panic move to use on a out-of-practice Japanese player (Shin/Sin#). This is Jeffry's win-button only in this situation, woot! I hate this move, don't know what the hell it's for; seems useless to me

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- I like this move. Good range, half-circ, safe, and it looks and sounds nasty (insert a meaty thud). It's high though, yuck. I hate this move too (though it looks cool)...I don't know why AM2 gave it to Jeffry. I mean, it's not even a legacy move from a previous VF they decided to keep, it's a move they actually designed specifically for VF5! There must be a use for it, although I do think opponents get turned backwards on hit (similar to VF4 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Maybe there's high damage combo opportunities on MC

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Great frames on hit, if only it could ever land, perhaps after backdash-whiff? The only use I've found was to use it on Phoenix's Goh, who is doing his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, and this battle goes on and on. Looks fun, but other than that (try it, it looks awesome), avoid this move. This is DEFINITELY a valid move. Low throw guaranteed on normal hit, and...shit, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif guaranteed on counter hit?!? I just noticed it's +16 on MC!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- MEH. Full-circ that turns opponent to their side on hit for a good throw/hit mind game. Too slow. Why oh why Sega does this take 26 frames to execute?!? A failed evade only takes 23 frames to execute!!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-Looks like shit on paper, but great for oki. Whether blocked or if it hits, so many options. Learn to put this in your game, I know I need to. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit throw guaranteed on counter for massive damage

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Jeffry's best low. Good range and speed, goes under highs. Use this, seriously, leads to wall stagger too!!!! USE THIS!!!! OMG USE IT!!! (don't abuse it)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Awesome mid kick with great range, great on wakes when you condition your opponent to duck Splash Mountain. EASY damage in the form of :U:/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Use this too. Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for more damage

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Jeffry's Instant Win move. So cheap, you'll feel guilty that you ever use it, so don't. Only standing move Jeffry has that is programmed to be not clashable

Uses? Maybe after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (near edge) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to push them out. I use it to ring myself out <u>after</u> the opponent.

DM (side step) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Doesn't knock down anymore, but there are better (?) options after an evade. Don't bother. It's not bad due to its distance and full-circular property. Use on oki against QR

Running attack-BLAH, only use if you're winning by an obscene margin.

OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- This is a new staple. Use on advantage, use on disadvantage, use this at even, USE OM/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. This move is sauce or dope or sick or hecka tight or Da' Bomb or whatever else you kids call it today.

OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- High risk move, only do it to opponent's back, on back hit>Low throw= PWNAGE.

-----THREAT STANCE-----

Make use of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (makes for a good taunt) and all of the options that come with it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Half circular high, knocks the bastards down for a free(?) downed attack. Jeffry yells "HEY!!!", trivial, yes, but it is quite awesome: "C'MON!!! HEYYY!!!"X2 (end of round) On block input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif which leads to 75 damage with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif followup or 99 on Lau/Pai/Lion/Brad with a quickly inputted /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (still or just evo?).

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- 13i mid move that leads to easy combos, great move. Use this.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- Staggering mid, use for oki or after wall stagger. Slow and highly steppable though. +19 on hit baby. I usually go for a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit throw, though depending on distance a knee is also guaranteed

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Catch THROW!!!!! Good for oki, nitaku (with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) from Threat stance. Good range.

-----Throws-----
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Basic throw with decent damage. Use it once in a while after doing throws with directionals. Can tack on Down /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (unless they roll fast enough)?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- This throw has easier input, but you might as well learn to use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. Don't bother.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Unless you're playing a scrub, don't expect damage. Use this only if: You're near a wall, short fence, edge, or if you know your options after the opponent techs it. Other wise, use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Unless you wish to finish with style (Wesley Willis Head-butting style), don't bother. Other than tacking on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+G:, this will be broken fast.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Good throw considering that it sobers, does decent damage, and is rarely broken. Mix it up.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- His old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif was replaced by an awesome (and weak) tackle. Though this may need testing (I tired but I didn't explore enough), It might work like Vanessa's OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for ring outs. Until the uses of this throw are discovered, don't bother. Near walls the throw automatically changes, though stylish, you might as well use Jeffry's best /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif break...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Jeffry's most damaging throw, and the only /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif you should bother using. Use for OKI and after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (see my sig). Downed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or even :U:/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (if you're feeling lucky, I always do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif) can connect afterwards if the opponent doesn't get up fast enough. When broken Jeffry is BT. The deal with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is this...use if you think the opponent will roll to the side. If the opponent rolls backward, your butt stomp will miss. But if you know the opponent will roll backward, do a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ground stomp. It's a guessing game!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Great throw near walls or the edge, will more than likely be broken there so mix in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. It don't need to lead to wall hit for good damage. One video I saw show this: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif:p+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (almost hits wall) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (WALL STAGGER) some obscene combo. Be creative with this throw, I know I won't.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Good damage, not as good as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, sobers one less, and when broken you're side turned (ouch). Use this if you like the look of it, other wise use...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Awesome throw, easy to break. Use it though.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Jeffry finally has a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif throw that leads to guaranteed damage. Mix it into your throw game.

-----KEY MOVES-----
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif 12i
    Threat /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 13i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 14i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 15i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif)_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!!! 16i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 17i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif 18i
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 23i
    OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (maybe?)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Six different breaks? Awesome.

Any others? Am I completely wrong? "STFU Theory Fighter!" Okay!!!

Thanks for helping all the Jeffry players out there Sebo, hope my comments were also of help!

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I play Jeff in VF5 only for few hours (I have PS3 and VF5 borrowed for this time from nVidia czech head chief to review VF5 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) but I am nearly sure that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif vs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is still the same as in Evo - ie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif gives a slightly better juggling possibilities. Dunno if it is in recovery or in a slightly different float.

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
  11. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    About /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. I saw one great video on youtube (unfortunetally I don't remember a link, but I am nearly sure it was Jeff vs Aoi) where the player use this move a lot. It leads to some nice damage yomi possibilities. That Jeff use this mainly as okizeme tool, and then from mid distance if he expect that opponent will try to dash in or attack.

After hit he use simple (but strong /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) yomi mix between (back) throw and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif; and I saw one video where some Jeff use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (twice, hits from back) - but this one was really old, I think from HK-VF. And in another one I saw /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif following with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (MC) and then opponent starts guarding, so he eats backthrow.

Hope this make some sence and will turn useful, and whoever here can, please try it and post how (if) this works /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Edit: Just find that vid, follow this link.

12. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
  13. DissMaster

After the single headbutt, I would say that one should go for the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif at least as often as throw because in my experience it is more likely to work. Yes, you are only at plus two, but that attack beats basically any other attack. The headbutt, in my experience seems to annoy people so much that they would rather be hit than made to look even sillier by being thrown again. Plus if they dodge there is good chance the second hit will find them. And if you are going to throw, why backbreaker and not the more damaging Splash Mountain?

So if you use the move, of course mix things up and throw sometimes, but know that the short knee beats all attacks.

This is not just an academic debate. Sometimes you realize that you have a window for a throw. You don't have time to do any of Jeff's 3 good throws. Headbutt command is near instantaneous. That's why I end up using it.

I also like to end matches with the triple face punch throw, but maybe that's just me.

And yeah, 64p is the dumbest thing since I don't know what. 64p may as well make Jeff punch himself in the face for all the good it does him.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

OK...but at +2 shot knee loses to 10 frame and 11 frame punches. I presonally use the triple headbutt throws for R.O. purposes.

15. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ouch, my bad. Wasn't thinking at all. But still maybe it answers your (or Ice's?) quote It's high though, yuck. I hate this move too (though it looks cool)...I don't know why AM2 gave it to Jeffry. I mean, it's not even a legacy move from a previous VF they decided to keep, it's a move they actually designed specifically for VF5! There must be a use for it, although I do think opponents get turned backwards on hit (similar to VF4 . Maybe there's high damage combo opportunities on MC
    Please try this and post about this pove anyway

16. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Hmmm. I watched the vid again and look at the movelist again and it looks like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif might have been nerfed from Ver. A or the movelist for Ver. B is off.

It looks like it (did at some point) turns opponent on side on CH (or something) leading to great combo opportunities.

Argh, I need to get a PS3!

17. DissMaster

Oops. I forgot p is faster than 2p. The AI will never use that b/c they are so stupid which made me think short knee beats everything...

I do not quite know the properties of moves that side turn/backturn people. If Jeff's 1/2 circle forward p+k hits, you land punch as a counter and then the opponent hits block, if you throw will it be a side/backthrow?

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> edited my first post to include your commentary. When I have time... and no English papers, I will do my best to fine-tune the comments. Thanks a shit-load, your insight and experience is the authority in this matter.</div></div>

Thanks Sebo, but I just discovered that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif after splash mountain doesn't work the same way as VF4. I had opponents rolling to the side and escaping it today. Sorry for my misinformation! Will post more when I find out how to use it.

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry Sebo, it doesn't look like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif combos on normal hit. Also, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif doesn't combo on stagger if the opponent struggles fast enough.

I'm slowly playing Jeffry again and figuring stuff out...

20. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    lol, optimism