1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jet Set Future on PS2!

Discussion in 'General' started by Adio, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

According to the magicbox (http://come.to/magicbox) Sega will not only reveal the Playstaion 2 port of Virtua Fighter 4 but also the super groovy Jet Set Future at the Tokyo Game Show Fall 2001 which, before the anouncement was considered an Xbox exculsive. This will be a major blow for Microsoft as they can no longer count on Sega die hards buying the system apon it's release.

I for one will no longer feel inclined to purchase the Xbox until Panzer Dragoon as all the other Sega games, Crazy Taxi, Head Hunter, Ecco, Space Channel 5 and of course Virtua Fighter 4 with the exception of Gun Valkarie are all going to PS2.

Adio.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yeah man~!
    if only Panzer will make the jump as well..

goodbye DOA3~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Why - I rather see it on xbox..will be better game overall more than likely...
    any word yet on shenmue 3?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

The Xbox version would only have better graphics. Both consoles have broad band capabillities and Hard Drive options for online options and the storing of extra elements respectively. This is a relief for me as I already own a PS2, the thought of buying multiple consoles to play some of my favourite games is an annoying idea. As I said in the Xbox post, companies can't afford to be so exclusive with their titles unless very can guarantee that their product will be a success. PS2 is the safest bet for any company to release their software. Capcom Have made Resident Evil exclusive to Xbox because the game has a large following. I wouldn't be surprised if Itagaki has to port DOA3 to another system as he did with DOA2 from DC to PS2 due to the sheer user base of the later console.

Shenmue is another thing altogether. Everyone is aware of the cost and effort CRI put into making the game. I don't think Sega can actually afford to make it multiplatform so the chance of it going to one console seems likely to me. Probably Game Cube as Nintendo's moral ethic on games is by far the most sound compared to the weaker PS2 specs and the corperate money hungry image of both the PS2 and Xbox.

Adio.

5. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

the x box would suck with sega games or with out it. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THE CONSOLE WARS LIKE NINTENDO IS NOT IN THE RACE AND ITS SONY VS MIRCOSOFT ARGGGHHHH
    ok i am nintendo fanatic i admit it sorry for the caps :)

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a kung fu movie

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Adio.

7. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

Sorry about those caps i just hate the X Box. I will be pissed if the X Box gets the sequal to skys of arcadia

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a kung fu movie

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

count to ten...minutes.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah I read this too and was somewhat happy, that's one less Xbox sold this year at least, we'll see what happens with other Sega games.

10. Jacky_X

Jacky_X Member

Resident Evil isnt going to X-box, it's going to Gamecube.

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

LOL. My mistake. Cheers for pointing it out. Though, my point still stands,

Adio.

12. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    ummm... I probably shouldn't be doing this, but oh well.

I have a feeling that people in the us and europe who want to go to hong kong with hazuki-san will have to give bill gates money.

I'm trying to be inconspicuous here.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised but it's far to early to say. There's no way Sega would commit to the Xbox this early with such a high ranked title. If the console proves to be a hit then I don't see why not. PS2 is still where my money is though. Despite the lower specs its user base has far more potential.

On to another note, the Magic Box has claimed that the Tokyo Game show will now ba an anual event instead of the old bi annual affair. The news is microsoft are in a funk because they planned to show off the Xbox during the Spring show in 2002 which was perfect for their release plans. Bummer.

Adio.

14. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

So you have a "feeling" huh....maybe I should get that XBox at launch after all....

15. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    basically, it's a done deal (according to people I know). I heard that it was a possibility months ago. the determining factor involved yu, bill, and a 4 (or maybe a 6) with 6 zeros behind it.

i'm betraying confidence here, and i know it shatters some illusions about yu's integrity, but i don't give a shit. that's what soa gets for being so off the ball with vf4.

16. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nah, as long as it's not on PS2, I'm happy =).

Thanks for the info.

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, it would be against your integrity if you did not choose the deal that maximized shareholder wealth. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

18. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Hail! the almighty DOLLAR!!!

Adio.

19. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Jeff, spoken like a true banker.

Adio, spoken like a true American.

Spotlite

20. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That would be correct if I wasn't already British. Oh the Irony.

Adio.