1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage ideas

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Shoju, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Id appreciate some feedback from some of the more experienced Kage players on some of my tactics. I'll start with how I try to use [P] and [2][P].

After [2][P] on hit I use: [2_][3_][P] which is uninterruptable here and hits mid and floats on CH, a throw (mixing up the direction to beat EDTE) or [2][K]+[G].

[2][P] on block I will use [2][K] (difficult to stop and a return [2][P] can only stop it if it's immediate), [6][6][P]+[K]+[G] (beats out many options but vunerable to quick mids) another [2][P] /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif or go defensive with evades and BD.

After [P] I try to force his throwing game by using a mid or delayed [K]. I've noticed that if [2][P]+[K] is used after blocked [P] it will beat anything but a quick return elbow. This only seems to work this way when Kage is in the opposite foot postion to the opponent.

2. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

This is good, but there are a lot of times when it would become addictive tactics and predictable. [2][P] and[2][K]+[G] are big examples of repetitive strategies.

3. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

Um, after a nice MC jab, I like to do a qcf + K (the handstand to 2ft kick off the ground). Typically, the oppt tries to ExTEG (x being a random number) and if you charge the move, it should hit during the failed evade... this is highly vunerable to d +P mashers, so to counter them try either fwd, bk + K (I think) or bk + K... etc. Of course you could just go for a d + P.

4. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

How do you handle downed opponents? I know that's a big part of my game, especially since it is so easy to switch up [6][6][K]+[G] with [8][P]+[K] and [9][K]+[G] to nail them just as they get up! The moves all do decent damage and absolutely SMASH QRers and rising attackers! It's also so easy to knock the characters down as Kage and follow with some cool damage from [3][K] and [8][P]. These tactics also make for a nice mind game if they start to TR out of the way. Follow with a nice spinning kick.

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

... why would you ever use [6][6][K]+[G] or [8][P]+[K] those are horrible moves that leave you open for big damage. use [9][K]+[G] to break rising attacks, or the knee if you can the timing perfectly.

to the original poster, hmm you seem to have neglected [6][P] this is a pretty darn good move, follow it with [3][P] or hold the [P] and go into jumonji stance to further branch off the possiblities. for [2][P] i think you should try following with throws on MC, a quick [2][P] into [4][P]+[G] can really win you some matches. [2_][3][P] after [2][P] may not always be the smartest thing, seeing that it leaves you very vulnerable if evaded or guarded. do [2][P] ~ [2][P] a few times, if your opponent tends to guard high after the first [2][P], try punishing them with a throw next time you get the chance. if you opponent tends to guard low after the first [2][P], try following [2][P] with [2][K]+[G]. good luck

6. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SenoB said:

Um, after a nice MC jab, I like to do a qcf + K (the handstand to 2ft kick off the ground). Typically, the oppt tries to ExTEG (x being a random number) and if you charge the move, it should hit during the failed evade... this is highly vunerable to d +P mashers, so to counter them try either fwd, bk + K (I think) or bk + K... etc. Of course you could just go for a d + P.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, dude, but that's the single worst paragraph of VF advice I've ever read.