1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage's back-turned kickflip...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jan 21, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was messing with kage's back-turned flipkick (u/f+K) and I notice that sometimes kage remain back-turned after hitting the opponent, and sometimes he dont. Why ??? I'm asking this question cuz when kage remain back-turned it is possible to hit the opponent with the TT-sweep after the flipkick. Thanks a lot.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

he has two back turned kickflips. you're getting them confused. the one where he remains with his back turned is ub+K, and the one where he turns around is uf+K. ub+K does much more damage than uf+K.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Which one gives a free TT-sweep ??? Got to be u+K...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ub+K. and if it's a really big MC you can combo off it, too. there's a movie of one somewhere on vfdc..check out kage's section.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah I already saw the movie. Very cool combo !!! But I though that this move (the one in the movie) was u/f+K. I didnt knew that u/b+K was possible from a back-turned position. Does it require a special motion ?? I mean, tapping u/b+K is suppose to make kage turn around... I think.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

nope, no special motion, but i have noticed that it's pretty strict when it comes to the ub motion - sometime you do just turn around. i've always entered it as (quickly) hold G, ub, release G, K. makes it nearly impossible to accidentally turn around.

and remember ub or uf is always in relation to the direction in which kage is facing.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the advice. I will try this move tonight... hehe. BTW, have you tried to buffered this move (u/b+K) during another move recovery time ?? I think it could make the move easier to do. Like: opponent is down, u/f+P+G ura trick (or DP which is my personal favorite), then right after that u/b+K to hit the opponent from behind. bye.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

well there's no real trickery i can suggest with this move. like any other move you just toss it out and hope it hits. although, it is awfully cool to nail a low riser with this move..try it if you expect opp. to low rise when you find your back turned to him