1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kick Sabakis Question

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Terracrush, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Terracrush

Terracrush Well-Known Member

Since I can't exactly set the comp to kick on reaction after block in training mode, I was wondering what exactly is the max disadvantage frame I could use Aoi's kick sabakis.

PS What the heck does Tachibana do anyway? (Blocked Punched cancel from Sundome)

2. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    If it's not blocked, it's a hit throw, for example, 66PGP. I don't know the exact frames on the K sabaki, but you may be better off with a reversal from minus. Certainly 64P has to be input fairly early to 'guess' a 2P for the full animation and damage.
    You could try the 4K+G for oki pressure if they keep getting up next to you with kicks. Again, though, low or mid reversal can snag these, or get that crush goin' with 46P+K.

When you go up against a character who uses or starts sequences more with K, 4K+G is always worth a shot to throw out cold when both closing in.

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I think it's pretty safe to assume the sabaki frames from ver.C are unchanged so 1-12f. You can use it from any disadvantage as long as we aren't discussing guaranteed punishent.

4. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

Although Combolammas answered your question, don't forget you can use the record function in dojo to test stuff like this. For instance you could record the cpu (aoi) to do moves with varying disadvantage on block and then immediately the sabaki. Then play it back and block the first move and counter with the kick.

5. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I don't know the mathematic behind calculating sabaki window, but from my testing, at any disadvantage, 4K+G works like combolammas stated.
    At even ( 0 ) for example 43P on NH, the sabaki doesn't work on 17f kick tough.( but against kick or knee below 16 fr exe, it works )
    So maybe the window is beetween 1 and 16 frames ? No idea.

Sundome P can be used to track failed evaders or evaders who push buttons after their dodge.( like tracking string, even if sundome P is linear )

6. Terracrush

Terracrush Well-Known Member

An attack which tracks a failed evade? I suppose that why sometimes 64P+K,P seems like a half circular even though its not.

7. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    sundome [P] i use it the same way kingo uses it
    and against fuzzy because well after a cancel people if they played another fighting game instinctively expect a throw either that or they expect sundome [K] because of how popular it is so what do you do when you think your opponent will do a mid or a throw ... you fuzzy but tachibana is a high so it catches them and leads to a hit throw