1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Korean VF4 movies mirror.

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Oct 20, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Public Service Announcement -
    You know how those TBZone movies can be a big pain in the ass to download right? Well, I've got another FTP server up and running at

ftp://169.254.77.29

Anonymous login, port 21, all the usual.
    I have mirrored all the clips under their "Korea Act 1" directory and the new ones
    from "Korea Act 2" ...

Also, I know some of you who find that the DivX .avi movies are always choking on your system. I know some people with Macs out there who can't play certain kinds of avi's at all because nobody has made a mac version of the codec. For those unfortunates I have converted all of the movies to MPEG format. The original DivX's and mpegs are both available so nobody should miss out.

Some highlights:
    -If you haven't seen the akira special 3 yet, it's all over the place in these movies. It's one of the standard followups to KD/crumples and very low floats. You'll also see pretty much all of his new moves and the sabaki.
    -PIT, reverse bodycheck, SDE, DLC is in there. You'll also see the RBC part blocked.
    -Wolf's new multi is in there. For those of you without the bandwidth or enthusiasm to download a 20 meg movie to see it, basically he does the arm lock throw (HCB+P+G), spins you around in a full circle, then bring up his opposite arm in a clothesline position (like his f,f+P) and swings you into his arm. A (high?) pounce afterwards connects.
    You also see his dodging throw put to good use.
    -Some Vanessa stuff is in there. You'll see a two part multi (I think) against Pai's corpse.
    -Pai's new throw is in there. Kind of made me yawn. You can also see just about all of her new moves and a lot of the whirly-girly wushu wutang ling xiaoyu stuff.
    -One movie, I think it's akira vs. pai #4, has a lot of nice shots of stuff in Sarah's stage getting demolished.

Overall the gameplay runs from very intelligent and ruthless to stuff that makes you just kind of shake your head. The lei fei player in particular made me wonder what the hell was going on. He reams akira in one round with what looks like a continuous canned combo of death, then the next round stands in his crance stance for about five seconds in front of a crouching akira, who finally decided "what the hell, the coast is clear" and shrms him. Still, you're going to learn some tricks. Coming out of a QR with strong FC attacks such as Pai's heelkick and Akira's double palm is seen a lot. If you like Akira, you'll find that about 90% of the movies have him. Your basic new strategy with akira seems to be this:
    DE (crumple) DLC
    SDE (crumple) DLC
    Fukkou (overhead double palm strike) DLC
    Stun palm, DLC
    Overhead hammer into stun palm canned combo, DLC
    and of course Shrm, PG, DLC.
    For flair, you will see AS3 instead of DLC.

There is zero kage, zero shun, zero lion, zero jeffry, zero aoi, zero lau (!), and like one jacky movie. The koreans are deeply in love with akira, pai, and sometimes wolf.

Hope you have fun. And of course help yourself to the other random bits of junk floating around in there. Possibly even some *cough* ps2 flicks. All of the VF history movies are mirrored, although I think this server may be even slower than my other one. I could be wrong and would love to test it.

Thanks!

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

2. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

does it have a user limit? i can't seem to enter.... using bpftp

~ Bomb Has Been Defused ~

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I lied! The server is actually...

ftp://169.254.4.55

... I'm on DSL so this number will change occasionally as my connection craps out. Wish I could do better for ya. Anyone who's having trouble, look for me online.. usually a message in VFDC is safe, and I'm often on IRC. As a last resort email me.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I suck. The I SWEAR TO GOD FTP ADDRESS IS -

ftp://142.167.16.11

that's really really it. Apparently with this type of connection I have three IP addresses, and I guessed wrong twice before figuring out which one works.

Have fun!

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: I suck. The I SWEAR TO GOD FTP ADDRESS IS -

I'm guessing you are using a PPPoE client such as Enternet to negotiate Internet access on your DSL modem? That would explain the dynamic IP address assignment...

[​IMG]

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That's exactly right. Since you're smart, tell me this:
    1. What's up with random errors that say: There was an IP conflict at such and
    such address?
    2. Why does my FTP server keep getting messages from my ISP's server that say "?: ??? ???? ????" .. these messages appear in the bottom right corner of my FTP proggie and they look just like instant messages from people.

7. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

dammit!!! almost all the files i dled were those that i already have. woe betide me for an idiot, this will teach me to set my ftp on auto leech, damm my incompetance, wasted what 400+? mb of my monthly 3gb allowance..... >.<

~ Insert Name Here has been seriously injured but the soul still burns ~

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you have a monthly download allowance? I've never heard of that, even on fast connections. That sucks. Well, I kept filenames the same, so if anyone else is worried about that... don't be. I've also brought in some other older movies. Requests?

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Contact your ISP and ask them about getting a static IP. Should cost about 10 bucks extra if you are indeed on a dynamic IP. However, you don't have as many file transfer issues as I do, so maybe this isn't your problem...

-Chanchai

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

IP conflict - is this an error that appears as a popup window on your OS? Are you using a hub or switch to share your DSL connection with a friend? That may give rise to IP conflicts if you don't have Network Address Translation set up (which usually comes with a proper broadband router, or built into Windows Internet Connection Sharing). I've also seen this error occur occasionally on routers acting as DHCP servers that automatically assign local IP addresses but time out on a connection, then assign the same local IP to a different computer, then when the first computer issues a network request, voila, IP conflict.

FTP message - The message says ? ??? ??? or does it actually contain some text? Might be an automated warning from the ISP regarding Port 23 requests -- generally, running an FTP service on a home broadband connection, whether static or dynamic, violates the ISP's Terms of Service... they generally don't check, but if your FTP server is getting massive transfer requests, they can shut down the DSL connection. (This is not the case if you have a business account with the DSL provider, however).

[​IMG]

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

IP conflict pops up as an os error, and it's something like conflict between the IP address 164.03.245.07 and the device at 007EcB4 .. or something akin to that.

the ftp message just says ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??:??:?? ?? ... almost literally that. Like four sets of three question marks where a dns would be and then ?'s separated by colons like a timestamp.
    this doesn't appear to be a violation, their terms of service are pretty much standard legal boilerplate. I didn't get it when running a cable service.
    It comes in constantly, not for each new download attempt but rather if there's anything or nothing at all going on.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

New IP address.

So sorry. As I am tragically forced to reset the machine, I also must renew my IP.
    it is now: 142.167.17.164

Enjoy the recent additions of VF movies.
    more highlights:

Pai's dodge reversal succeeding.
    Wolf's hit throws.
    Chibita loses to somebody.
    Akira's blue squirrel, Lau's goofy hat.
    Vanessa inashi-ing a single swallow kick (?)
    Pai's incredibibly difficult K, K, P, K combo.

And much much more.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some VF4 from hong kong..

New clip you won't find elsewhere, HK VFing. It's an akira vs. lei match.
    That was the good news. The bad news is that you NEED the drop dead latest divx codec to play it, and it doesn't have sound. Doh. The quality is quite nice tho.
    I could put it up fullscreen and actually find it enjoyable that way.
    The codec is at www.divx.com ... click software, then click codec. It's a three click install and then you will have the power to watch movies in the format everyone despises.

Some stuff I liked: The akira player owns lei for a bit with this - PIT, RBC, overhead hammer (must have been hoping for a TT attack. The lei turns around and akira stumbling trips him and tries for a deep single palm. The lei guards afterwards and akira does the d+P+G guard break and then spods him.

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

IP of the hour...

Here's where you can download my shtuiff.

ftp://142.167.17.23

now with new and improved folder organization.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ftp://142.167.17.201

ftp://142.167.17.201

Considering switching to DSL? Try basic carpentry with your penis first!
    Coming soon (like mere hours)... all the new TBZone movies, conveniently stuffed in the "NEWTBZONE" folder so you don't have to go fishing for them.

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ftp://142.167.17.176

Wow, this time DSL went down for hours on end. Pretty cool huh?
    I didn't think so either. It suspiciously craps out far away from normal business hours.. so that that by the time you turn it again, it works, and you've lost the strident anger needed to make a really good phone call to Verizon.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ftp://142.167.17.236

Update: The new batch of TBZone movies still isn't downloading for me, am I to assume that's happening everywhere?
    Also, the 6 meg Lau clip (one of three that is downloadable) only plays in The Playa, divx's proprietary media player. It won't open in Windows Media Player. The other two movies played fine, and the Lau clip looks incomplete, so it's probably a fluke. Maybe the divx player can half complete movies while WMP can't.

They must be uploading these flicks at .07 KBPS.

PS: here's an elite trick for finding CreeD's server if it goes down while he's away. Only the last part of my IP address changes when I lose the connection and reconnect. So there are only 1,000 possible combinations in that last IP slot. Keep trying different ones until you luck out.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: ftp://142.167.17.236

Hmm. I used to be able to download 2 clips simultaneously at 90k/sec each from TBZone, now I can barely break 8k/sec. Bleh.

[​IMG]

19. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Is there a way to increase the transfer rate? I'm able to download at 2~3k/sec. I don't even think about downloading two clips simultaneously.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Increasing the xfer rate at TBZone? Not that I know of... their webserver must be pretty bogged down, or maybe they instituted a d/l cap recently.

[​IMG]