1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kumite Items scanned from Import PS2 book

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by HunterRose, Mar 31, 2002.

1. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

I don't know if these are all of the items.
    I don't know how to get all of these items. I don't read Japanese.
    But I did scan the pages. I hope it helps.
    Follow this link.

http://photos.yahoo.com/crayonnoyarc
    Click on Kumite

If anyone wants to post these as part of a FAQ or in a non album for go ahead.

2. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

One more thing if you click on FULL SIZE you should be able to read the text.
    If anyone wants to translate Kage for me I would greatly appreciate it.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

These are all the items for all characters

The white book doesn't tell u how to get em.
    Instead, it tells u who can u win them from~
    The names of the AI opponents and their rankings are listed beneath the items.

4. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

Of course SOA decided to change the names so that really doesn't help.

5. oftheroom

oftheroom New Member

Wow. I don't even have a 1/4 of Aoi's items.

Thanks for the scans.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

exactly

Shame eh
    otherwise..it's really funny to read some of the names that are in the Japanese.

Fav name has to be Aoi ' WEAK BITCH IS BACK!'
    And she's forveer stuck with a curse item
    hehehe

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it doesn't look like full size is available?
    it says the image is like 39 k but the actual scan is 1456 kb.
    Any way to get to the big version?

8. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    very cool.

i noticed that the items are broken up into seperate groups.

>> the regular borders (looks like light grey)
    >> the curse items (purple border)
    >> the ??? items (red border)
    - with wolf, there's the fire thunder mask, i obtained that item by defeating bunbunmaru, who is ranked highking and carries an orb on the ps2.
    >> the ??? items (green border)
    - with wolf, the first is his long hair. i got that by collecting all 7 of the colored orbs.
    - i'm one away from collecting my second set, so we'll see if it yields another of the green bordered items. (rubs hands fiendishly in hopes of the wolf head).
    >> and then, there's that butt ugly sphinx head, surprisingly, i've never seen it on another wolf in a mirror match.

now, i've read *alot* about the 100 win item, but i don't know which of wolf's items is the 100 win. (longest streak is 49 and that was tiring.) i've lost with the fire thunder mask on, and with the long hair, so i doubt either the green or red border is the 100 win item(s), so, what makes those items so special? and what are the requirements for achieving them?

9. oftheroom

oftheroom New Member

I believe the red highlighted items are the 100 win items. It would have to be. Akira's 100 win item is the Yuki Dojo Sign, and that's the one highlighted in red.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: very cool.

err, did you just ask the requirements for achieving the 100 win items?
    *coff*

11. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    uhm...no.

actually, i didn't think either the red or green bordered items were 100 win items, because i have one from both and have never achieved 100 straight wins.

over on the gamefaqs boards people have posted the 100 win items, and it says that the fire tiger (i mistakenly said thunder above) mask is the 100 win item, which would confirm what oftheroom just said.

so, no, not wondering how to get 100 win items (ime not *that* tired). just what made the green and red borders special, but, it would seem that the red border = 100 win item. which can be obtained by defeating your opponent in the mirror match. cuz, well, that's how i got mine.

12. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

Re: uhm...no.

I'll look into the Full Size images.
    Maybe I see it since I own the album...
    Sorry I am not very good with posting things on the web.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's ok. Feel free to send the files if you want to.. I'll stick'em on the ftp.

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

""i didn't think either the red or green bordered items were 100 win items""

I can confirm for u that items with the red border =100 win item

Items with green border = sphere items.
    Some have only one sphere item, some have two...wolf has 4!

""it would seem that the red border = 100 win item. which can be obtained by defeating your opponent in the mirror match. cuz, well, that's how i got mine"""

One thing that many people don't seem to be able to understand is...there are different ways of achieving the items.

The white book lists very clearly the names of the cpu players u can win items from.

So beat the specific cpu, u'll win the item.

Another method is doing it the hardcore way.

Hardcore way usually means u have to meet specific conditions

I.E: 100 win, doing more reversals..doing more dodge attacks...win 3 consecutive excellent rounds in a single match etc etc etc.

Obviously many other players won't be able to do 100 consecutive wins...or in Pai's case, equip one of her items...get a 85 win streak which will win u another item! That's why they allow u to win items off opponents~

15. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Thanks alot for this. But you were right, these definately aren't all available items.
    I have an item for my Aoi which isn't listed. The list has a white/red checkered (or whatever you call that pattern) headband. I've seen it on an opponent. I won a white headband from someone. I have that one on my 1p costume.

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

it is listed in the book
    right next to the red kabuki wig

17. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Re: very cool.

Wow, cool thanks for that. I only have 7 items for Wolf... I need to get busy, does anyone actually know how to obtain these items tho?

18. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the red/white one I've seen on another Aoi.
    I have an all white headband.

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

oops
    my bad
    Sorry....
    *makes mental note:never reply when tired*

20. DarkMaster

DarkMaster Member

were do i find the images, on the link, can someone help