1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LA next week

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akiralove, Mar 15, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey everyone. nice session on Monday, thanks to all who came.

I figured it was time to start thinking about next week, since monday is best for some. Given that everyone came to my house last week, I'm more than happy to travel to someone else's place. Still though, it'd be cool to play on the PS2 again.

last week there were kind of a lot of people for just the one set-up; I'm happy to volunteer one of my set-ups if we play somewhere else so we can have 2 set-ups with sticks.

Oh, and Brian, you can borrow that game.

let me know what you guys want to do.

Spotlite

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

hey Bryan. Anywhere is cool with me. I know I dont have enough room for everyone at my place. So your place is the best so far. But I do recommend a 2 tv setup if more people come because it will be quite a wait if even more people show up. Also I will now only have 1 Vf stick to use because my girl is going to use my other when she gets the game on Tuesday. Btw does the kumite mode from the japanese version transfer over the the Domestic version or will i need to set up my seperate characters for that version. Im also working hard to get Version C at Arcade Infinity, but i think he's a little skeptical because the machine is only making money when we get the Socal groups to show up. Anyways just let me know when you want to get together and where...later - Brian (the VF Brian with the"I")

p.s. thanks for allowing me to borrow the game (saves me some dough) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

monday at someones place would be great. My place is out for the moment also -- soon I'll have some furniture, etc., but for now it's bare bones at home.

so... I don't know spotlite are you up for volunteering your place again? =]

cam.

4. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm down to play at my place anytime, as long as people don't mind coming there.

Grib, do you have a joystick? I contacted local game shops here, and no one has it right now. Brian, does your friend's shop have vf4 sticks in stock? maybe you can borrow yours back from your GF if we meet on monday (for 2 set-ups).

Chandlerz, I see you're online, want to play this week?

Spotlite

5. gribbly

I don't have a stick yet... I plan to get one this week when I pick up the US version. Was just going to get the Hori VF4 stick... not sure where from (t games I guess... or online somewhere).

cam.

6. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I was supposed to be out of town this week, but that got postponed until next week. So, I should be able to meet this week. Let me know where and when. All I ask is that we start as early as possible. If not at AI, then I'd like to get to whoever's house before nightfall.

7. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Well, I've planned on tonight, so I'll be home about 6:30. I hope that's still okay with everyone. If it isn't, I'll just check the board when I get home.

VF4Akira, I'll PM you my info.

If tonight is bad, I can play thursday, but I think that's bad for cameron.

Spotlite

8. Brisal73

if VfAkira wants he can meet me at my place and I'll drive the rest of the way. Just let me know by emailing me at brisal73@hotmail.com. Also Bryan email me if we are playing tonight. I have tomorrow off so I can show up after 8pm. Later- Brian

9. gribbly

Thursday instead

I'm not gonna make it tonight, just tired and lazy =]

I just spoke to Spotlite and we thought maybe we should play on Thursday instead. He might still be up for it tonight if any of you guys want to go over -- you should call or PM him.

cam.

10. vf4akira

I was planning on heading over today (Mon), but my plans got messed up. I should be able to make it this week before Friday.
    Brian, I have spotlite's addr, but maybe it would be better to meet up with you at least the first time around.

11. Brisal73

ok so thursday is the day?

12. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    yeah. looks like thursday, although Chandlerz ended up showing tonight, so the two of us played for about 3 hours... his jacky is tough!

So another session thursday sounds good. Maybe chan will even join again.

Spotlite

13. Brisal73

yep... He kicked my ass on saturday at AI with damn Jacky /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I learning Aoi can't wait to play her. Btw are you going to have the extra sticks by thursday. From what I hear is that the VF sticks are no longer being made, but the ne Tekken 4 sticks should be coming out soon. If this is true Im glad I got them while I could. Nice collector items...later - Brian

14. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    so, who's in for tomorrow? I just met a guy at my game shop who wants to play. VF4 was selling really well.

VF4akira, if you come, is there any way you could bring your 2-person joystick?

Spotlite

15. DemiDeviMatt

DemiDeviMatt New Member

hey where in la u guys play? which arcade? i cant seem to find anyone who plays vf4...

16. vf4akira

I should be able to make it. I can bring my twin stick too. So far I like it, but sometimes it's hard to nail the diagonals.

Brisal, when do you plan to go? I'm gonna try to leave before 3pm to dodge all that San Diego traffic. That would put me in the AI area around 4:30-5:00 I hope. I could meet you somewhere then head to spotlite's. Lemme know.

17. Brisal73

Demi we usually play at an arcade called Arcade Infinity but we have been recently holding playing sessions at the PS2 version.

18. Brisal73

Hey Bryan what time tomorrow? and how many people are showing up. Seems like it might be bigger than last time

19. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    anytime is fine. I guess david will be in your neck of the woods around 5, so you'll probably get over here between 5:30-6.

Bryan

20. SiN

SiN New Member

Sup guys. I'm making an effort to learn this game. Maybe I'll be able to get together with you guys and learn the game a little faster...