1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Fan!

Discussion in 'Lion' started by GrandpaLoafers, Jan 23, 2014.

1. GrandpaLoafers

GrandpaLoafers Well-Known Member

This guy is fantastic and hilarious. I am starting to "take him seriously!" :cool:

Watching Chibita play with him was also very inspirational.

Any hardcore Lion fans out there? What is your favorite move? Favorite outfit? Favorite silly quote?

I'm pronouncing it Lee-yon, but I've seen other people say it's like Leon (Lee-on)

Shinobi, Daydream and PoisonKid13 like this.
  2. PoisonKid13

PoisonKid13 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AngerTheMasses

I pronounce it "Lion" just like the animal lol. I believe it should be pronounced Lee-Yon but that's just instinctive considering he's French. I just say "Lion" because I'm just too damn foolish to change the pronunciation of his name, even knowing that's its wrong lol.

Lion is my main, but I surely don't claim him. And where as, I don't have a favorite move or a costume, I do love those cheesy one-liners. :)

"Beating up the elderly is so UNCOOL!" - Special Item Outro
    "Arn't you ready to go home now?" - Special Item Outro
    "Yeah! I did it!" - During hit throw

"Take him seriously?" Really? lol. You are on the right track to BECOMING Lion :)

Shinobi, Pai~Chun and GrandpaLoafers like this.
  3. GrandpaLoafers

OH you know!

...."You better take me seriously!"

PoisonKid13 likes this.
  4. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Lmao, he sure is. I like his costume from VF3, the one with the orange vest and the hood. All of his quotes are pretty much equally hilarious, but "I don't make it a habit to fight the elderly" (or something) always makes me smile.

Shinobi and PoisonKid13 like this.
  5. Tony as lei fei

Tony as lei fei New Member

I was going to stick with lion Until I beat the arcade on hard with excellent each round including dural with just three moves I mean lion is fun but to easy to use!

Shinobi and Pai~Chun like this.
  6. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    He is incredibly easy to use, and rack up quick wins with online. I'm just picking the game back up after being away from it over Christmas, and I was taking him for a spin this morning, taking matches barely even thinking about it, or pressing many buttons. Do Lion only players often get declined?
    I forgot he has the roller blade accessories, so '90s! :cool:

For the record, VFDC's number one Lion man, Stl, pronounces it Lee-on, so I guess that must be the canonical phrasing.

7. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    "Fun" is pronounced "Lion" in VF. Trust me on that. His [2_][+][K][K] and [6][6][+][P][+][G] were two of my favorite moves, back in the VF2 days. He is so cool and his fighting style is unique. Also, his 1P VF3 costume and 2P costume from VF4 are my favorites!

8. GrandpaLoafers

Pray tell, what are these three moves?!?

I'm having so much fun with him, I just might have to change my avatar!

I have an outfit with his mantis head + arms, wearing a green shirt, green pants, and green neck scarf. The customization really does increase the fun factor/replay value. If I get tired of a character, I just switch outfits and it feels new again. :p

9. JinKs81

JinKs81 Well-Known Member

Leon means lion. I think Leon sounds like Lee-ong in french.

My favorite move is 3K-3P+K-46P+G infinite wall combo.