1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's Jump-Over setup

Discussion in 'Lion' started by LegendaryHero90, Aug 22, 2015.

1. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

well, its been a while since anyone posted up some Lion tech so I figured I might as well share some of this knowledge to you all.

I don't know what the official term is for this but im going to call it the "jump-over" setup. Its where you knock your opponent down and jump over their body but at the same time try to avoid their wake-up kick. The optimal situation is having Lion's Back to the opponent and the opponent also facing away from Lion.

This is setup is best done after a successful sideturn throw. Usually the "thinner" or skinnier your opponent (Sarah, Shun, Eileen...etc.) the easier it will be to perform. It can be performed on the heavy weights too but requires good timing. (I dont believe it works on Taka though since his body is huge and has a bunch of weird wakeup attacks). here are the steps to doing it.

1. Side throw your opponent.
    2. Time your jump so you jump over your opponent AND their wakeup attack. (earlier for Mid Kicks, later for Low kicks). Go into Dojo and practice this! ITS IMPORTANT!
    3. Press P+K once your backturned and if successful, should hit your opponent for a minor counter hit from the back.
    4. Combo Back-crumpled Opponent!
    5. Steal Matches using this!

Obviously, the opponent can escape this if they dont do a wakeup kick and roll instead. but that gives you okizeme options afterwards. 4P+K for mid kicks and 8K for low kicks/attacks.

If they wakeup with a kick though, make sure you punish them with this as its a very good way of dealing damage and almost always seals games on its own if your opponent doesnt know this.

2. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Thanks so much.
    I try to learn this

PaulMartinKPG likes this.