1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MadCatz Fightpad - Does anyone here have one?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Xeros606, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Xeros606

Xeros606 Member

I'm talking about the one with SF4 art on it.

Would you recommend it for playing VF5? Is it really much better than what can be done with the standard Xbox 360 controller? Or should I just invest my money towards a fight stick?

2. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter, like most Japanese fighting games, is designed with Sanwa/Seimitsu parts in mind.

I would recommend strongly playing on a stick. It'll take a while to get used to but in the long run it's worth it.

3. dfc78

dfc78 New Member

The MadCatz Fightpad is good for SF4, it's easier to do QC and HC motions and the buttons are more responsive than the standard 360 controller. BUT it's not so good for VF because the diagonal inputs are rubbish, I use Pai and with the fightpad I can't consistantly do her bread an butter moves like 9k+g, crouch dashing or any move that needs a 11 or 33 input is also next to impossible.

You're best to go for a stick, tho it will take a bit of getting used too.

4. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

In most fighting games your going to have to use a stick. Pads have always had that angle problem.