1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Melbourne COUCHWARRIORS Round 2. Saturday 28/3

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by CobiyukiOS, Mar 16, 2009.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Hi all,

On behalf of Berzerk, and with the news that VF5 will be in WCG again, I'm trying to drum up support for the game locally and hopefully interest some of the general fighting scene to give it a go as well.

So if you're in the area please head down that Saturday.

Where: The Rosina Auditorium, Abbotsford Convent (1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford)
    When: 28th of Match, 1pm-10pm. VF5 is at 2pm.
    Cost: $5 to enter, but bring more for dinner and drinks.
    Notes: Bringing your own controllers is highly recommended, if not basically neccessary.
    Bringing additional TVs, consoles and games is really appreciated, please remember to LABEL your gear to avoid confusion.
    Assuming this month's ranbat goes well then we'll be looking at booking this venue as the regular monthly venue, as well as for the big tournament we're planning later this year, so any and all feedback will be appreciated after the event.

Berzerk has additional info, when he posts here or here. . At least it isn't in such a short notice.

2. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    Thanks for saving me the trouble to post /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    This event went well, lots of fun and good general participation - 15 players, mostly people who don't normally play VF.

Would like to see some actual VF'ers make it to test their skills! Offline play is the only way to go.

There will be one of these every month, close to the end of the month so watch the site http://www.couchwarriors.org.

Also I'm thinking of just editing my original post with new dates each time so people have that thread to return to, would that make it easier to remember what to check?

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the venue didn't random select every month :p, I should be back in Melbourne for the next one though assuming it's not too far out

5. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    The change in venue is because the event is growing and they are testing the above venue with a view to a large end of year annual final.

It was a bigger more accessible venue with lots of potential, so it is likely to stay here for monthlies, but just keep your eye on the website, it will always be towards the end of the month and all details are announced ahead of time.

So there shouldn't be much variance whatever happens, but it looks like they are happy with the new venue and this looks to be set from here on out. (It's quite nice to play at the pub cos its easy to direct people there, but I have to admit the actual space at abbotsford is better, and still easy to get to)

Look forward to seeing you and your crew at the next one!

6. Berzerk

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red