1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MoAT summary brief...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Alrighty.

A quick summary of MoAT talk over the last week or so...

<font color=orange>MoAT 2001</font color=orange>

<font color=red>Location:</font color=red> Toronto, Ontario, CANADA

<font color=red>Date:</font color=red> Weekend of May 12th, 13th 2001

<font color=red>Who's Coming?:</font color=red> Below is a tentative list. ;)
    Kbcat
    Llanfair
    Plasma
    Lan (tentative)
    Shroud (tentative)
    GodEater (tentative)
    Myke
    Rich (tentative)
    Chanchai
    Emil
    AdamYUKI
    CrewNYC
    Nelson (?)
    Ice-9
    Shota
    SummErs (workin on it)
    Jan (tentative)
    Ghostdog (tentative)

I'm currently pretty mashed up in school right now - but Kbcat and myself will be putting together an official announcement soon.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

How long is this thing gonna go for Lan?,as accomadation expenses would be the deciding factor for some people (myself included) :) thanks

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    don't forget...

the Vancouver boys! I think Chanchai already mentioned them in the mails that went around, so I'm not sure if you've gotten in touch with them yet. But I was talking to Mike (aka mutant) the other day and he's definitely interested in coming, possibly with Brian Mak and Erin (tellure).

If you haven't made contact with them yet then I'll tell Mike to get in touch with you.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on regional team play?,I'm sure it was brought up before,I know me and Summ might drag down Myke but there could be an Aus team and then several American regions etc.Of course I only suggest this if time permits (after the one on one stuff : )

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Doomboy, it's already been mentioned that the tournament will be held over that weekend in May, so you'll want to be here at least by the Friday night, and leave Sunday night or early Monday, which is a minimum of two nights stay. To me, that alone wouldn't be worth the trip to Toronto from Australia, but that's for you to decide. It may be more worth your while if you made a bigger trip out of it with the MoAT only being one leg of the journey, similar to what Summers is proposing to do.

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'd love to stay longer of course but I don't think I'll be able to afford a long trip as even a two night stay is seriously stretching the budget.Certainly trips to other parts of the US would make it completly unfeasible (though I'd love to go to E3 : )

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

DUDE
    WITH ME, THE TEAM HAS A HIGHER THAN EVER KICK ASS CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN U SAY ME DRAG MYKE DOWNNNN!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

on the other hand, if we had ..say..Mr DLC(aka shun) while opponent is still on the ground or 'OIIIII INPUT WRONG COMMAND!!!!'/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Then, we'll really ..uhmmm...I'm afraid of the truth...yah..me coward.
    <font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 03/22/01 07:56 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Unless there's some exam on Friday or Monday (at the time of MoAT), I should be fine and set to go (found out that Monday is not the "no-show drop" day of the week *phew*). I could always try to set an early exam (uggh). Somewhat final word shall come by the end of next week on my going, but further confirmation comes along when I get my syllabus for next term. Everything does look good so far though.

I certainly hope the Vancouver guys go. I certainly hope to meet up with them in the near future as well (I plan on it). And yeah, I wouldn't mind being in a "Northwest Team" with them. Can't say for them though.

However, I doubt we would be able to squeeze in such a tourney, but who knows.

Still, I am SO looking forward to this.

-Chanchai

P.S. Prepared to fall into the bottom tier, but fight for #1 anyways (progress has been made, training has begun).

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I know I'm getting carried away with weird plans recently : P

SummErs is a bad influence haha,It's like hey Alex I've got a few hours off from school let's go to Japan and I say OK!! without thinking : P

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Me n u bro

fighting to be second last /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Me good friend
    Me ask u to go GET A JOB N STOP BUMMING AROUND/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

And job hunting u went.
    SEEEEEE..me good.

Now, COME WITH ME TO MOAT/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

At this point, please put me down as:

Shota (tentative)

Now that I know the details, I have to work out the administrative issues. I hope that the airfare to Toronto won't be exorbitant...oh well....

13. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Sorry for responding so late /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

I'm still trying to figure out details (airline ticket prices, place to stay, getting the timing consistent on the m-Knee after TFT to give me enough time for a PPK combo/versus/images/icons/wink.gif,etc., etc.)

Put me down as
    Ghostdog (working on it)

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Llanly...
    It brings me great pain to type this.
    But the toronto trip is STARTING to look bleak.
    Dollar took another dive...
    I recieved three big ass assignments todae

So, plz change my status to (near death)
    Although, ppl near deaths have been known to come back!!!!

Let's hope so!

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

So...any decisions made yet on first to 5 vs first to 3?