1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My Virtua Fighter Gaming Collection

Discussion in 'General' started by KyleKatarn1980, Apr 27, 2020.

1. KyleKatarn1980

KyleKatarn1980 New Member

I’ve got my Virtua Fighter Collection that I want to share with most of you people around here. Since then, I’ve been playing through some Virtua Fighter games that kept me used to the style like VF4: Evolution and Virtua Fighter 5. And now I tend to own a whole series of Virtua Fighter games that I bought over time, and even included the anime that I gracefully enjoy watching. So what do you guys think of my own Virtua Fighter Collection? :D

[​IMG]

2. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Lindbergh Image.jpg
    Excellent. I have all of those except Virtua Fighter kids. It probably costs $400 to buy that disc now, if its rare. I'll do you one better: I have a Sega Naomi 2 with VF4FT and a Sega Lindbergh with VF 5 R. Those are both going for dirt cheap on eBay, you should cop those.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Aye! Cool collection!

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Hell Yea! This is what I'm talkin bout'

VF the greatest arcade fighting game ever made.

The sad thing is we have no box art for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Show down :cry:

That's one of the downsides of these digital distros. No BOX ART!

You miss goodies like the statement that is at the very top of the back of Virtua Fighter 5:

TAKE ON THE WORLD'S MOST ELITE FIGHTING CHAMPIONS
    RISE THROUGH THE RANKS IN THE FIFTH WORLD TOURNAMENT WITH LIGHTING QUICK COMBOS AND COMPLEX MARTIAL ARTS MOVES. FIGHT AS ONE OF 17 CHARACTERS AND MASTER THEIR SPECIALIZED FIGHTING STYLES IN THE MOST REALISTIC VIRTUA FIGHTER EVER.

And that great photo of the whole roster.

Also the manuals inside. Virtua Fighter 4's manual is in color!!!

And Marketing of the game in the Box Art and in the manuals makes it absolutely clear how SEGA wanted this game to be perceived.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution Back Box Art includes the statement:

"Battle Against Opponents modeled after real-life Virtua Fighter Arcade Champions"

The Manual for Virtua Fighter makes it absolutely clear what the Virtua Series and the World Fighting Tournament is all about. On Page 5 it starts out with the statement:

"The World Fighting Tournament a worldwide competition for fighters who believe in the superiority of their own fighting skills and techniques.":ROTFL:

You miss all of this kind of stuff on the digital downloads. I wish their was BOX ART for VF5FS:(

My VF Collection is one of my prized possessions:)

5. ICHIBANin10000

@KyleKatarn1980
    so you've played the old VFs. Do you miss stomping on your opponent's knocked out carcass as much as I do? Do you miss the evade button from VF3? Akira doesn't feel like Akira without his reverse bodycheck and his wall-splat throw.

6. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

This is the perfect VF collection right ?

Only flaw i found is Akira from DOA instead VF in your profil pic :sneaky:

noname, beanboy and Tumbling Dice like this.
  7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

:ROTFL:

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  8. ICHIBANin10000

Buy the FS Masters Guide. It has plenty of FS art.

masterpo likes this.
  9. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    From where....?

10. ICHIBANin10000

A British importer called Japsai.com

masterpo likes this.
  11. masterpo