1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Name this FT Akira move

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Plague, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Since I know the names SPoD and DLC, and the move [2_][6][P][P] can easily be described as palm-elbow, I want to use a name for [6][6][P]+[K][P].

GoatCheeseBlues suggested Rainbow Attack. You can see the rainbow shape traced by Akira's hands in the second part of the move. That works for me.

Please post your thoughts regarding this.

2. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Well... definitely a shortened version... so maybe Rbow

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

It's the saint louis arch attack(SLA), because akira is opening the portal between machida's arch(home of beat tribe) and the saint louis one. The atlantians wanted us to travel stargates just for vfing. :p

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

looks like a backfist double karatechop to me

or i call it that paul phoenix just frame move looking thing. Which they actually call Dragon Thunder Palm

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I know this is silly, but its true. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One day I was facing Rheinaoi for a few games and he kept hitting me with the move because I didnt realize its half circular towards his front. During mid-game I jested "Why you keep bitch-slapping me?" /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

After we were done playing, I dubbed it the Pimp Hand Smash. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    I'll explain.

[6][6][P]+[K] Akira lashes out a vicious backhand and cries out "Bitch!" /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[P] which he follows up with cruel blow that brings you to your kness and then shouts "Where's my money?!!" /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Akira- My pimp hand is strong! Don't make me byakko your ass!

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    [6][6]+[P]+[K]'s real name is "SenZanKou": Piercing Mountain Back

[6][6]+[P]+[K][P] is called "HouZanRyouTenChi". After a long search in my Kanji dictionary, couldn't find some of these Kanji, but my best guess is: Climbing/Clawing(?) Mountain Weight/Heaviness [of] Heaven and Earth

As for what to call it, I have no idea... Heaven & Earth?

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    six-six pee-kay-pee /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(Edit: yeah, you know what I meant /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Bryan, thanks for looking up the kanji. I was hoping you or someone else would do that.

Heaven and Earth sounds too ethereal for my tastes. SLA comes off nice and crisp but too location specific. You'd have to know about the arch. Old school McDonald's had a single arch. Old MacDonald AttacK? No. No. No.

Keypad naming conventions are OK until they get over 4 characters long... imagine pee kay gee 4 3 pee gee 6 pee... sounds like bladder control problems rather than SPoD - peeeeeeeeeee

So far I still like Rainbow Attack - works well in a sentence: "Effing Rainbow Attack bullshit!"

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Rainbow sounded to gay, Akira players want none of that most probably - specially how they actually made him more gay in FT.

Heaven & Earth = To long. Maybe something shorter / just H&E? Helion?It has to fit in the "So I did a .... on him" pattern without being to much hassle ^__^

I liked bow, don't really know why. It seems to best fit the picture imho. Arch? Arch-dash? Rbow works for me btw, even though I don't like the word Rainbow (sounds 2 Tekken Ling like or something I'm telling you).
    Pimp hand smash; loved the description ^__^ but fightinggames really don't need more pimp/bitch reference moves.

I say Arch-dash. Since Mountain (stone structure)/Heaven kinda fits in the picture of an 'Arch' and Akira likes words with dash in them. He told me this once over a cup of tea.

/KiwE

10. PhoenixDth

i dont know why but i feel like saying

backfist mountain smash

11. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    akiralove said:

[6][6]+[P]+[K]'s real name is "SenZanKou": Piercing Mountain Back

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote goes to "PMB" from the name "Piercing mountain Back" although 66P+K,P has a different name that seems a bit too long to be practical to me.

SPOD, DLC, AS3, and PMB.. PMB sounds a bit out of the line, but calling it six six pi kei pi would be too much of a work. :p

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

<font color="blue">P</font>imp <font color="blue">H</font>and <font color="blue">o</font>f <font color="blue">D</font>oom!!

.....or maybe just "Piercing Mountain"

It's hard creating new terms that fit, but I'm sure we'll eventually find a good one.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Aha! A new reason for Rainbow Attack. First part of the move is half-circular! Second part traces the Rainbow shape!

Curb homophobia. Embrace the colors!

14. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Mound Piercing Pimp Hand of Love!

15. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[6][6][P][K],[P]

Stiff back-hand into dropping palm.
    or
    Stiff back-fist into forming mountain.

The first attack:

Is sort of like a back-fist attack but it's not b/c Akira doesn't retract the swing forward arm & also it's never fully extended, it's finished w/ the arm point up 90 degress while the hands open. Instead the attacking is actually a block move instead of moving backwards he is stepping into a blocking horse-stance.

Second attack:

Is also into horse-stance w/ the dropping of both the left & right palms which can be a parry or attack. Which is a stepping in move rotating 180 degree forward.

16. PhoenixDth

now i feel like calling it the ewok crusher /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Plague said:

Aha! A new reason for Rainbow Attack. First part of the move is half-circular! Second part traces the Rainbow shape!

Curb homophobia. Embrace the colors!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Plague but there's something just disturbingly LSD tripping wrong with Akira running around painting rainbows with a bunny on his shoulder 24/7. Yes, even in a fightinggame.

/KiwE

18. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

how 'bout

I'm Too Chicken Homes, Y'know, To Input The Spod

or

ITCHYTITS*

Cause it looks like Akira is itching his giant invisible tits when he does the move.

Plus you can scream out "ITCHYTITS" in the arcade and everyone will be drawn, magically, to VF.

*at least as good as Rainbow Pimp Hand of Doom Piercing Heaven's Moist Pee Kay.

19. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

I dunno I am kinda feeling the Rainbow Attack . RBA for short.

20. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

ok, here are the SH move names that I think will work
    1) the okie doke
    2) rim rocking (in memory of home slice UNCONK)
    3) the mary poppins
    4) spear of liu biu
    5) cheesecake factory