1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Tekken Bloodlines Trailer!!

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Mar 25, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Harada knows what's up. Tekken on Netflix. OMG:eek: The Trailer is Hot! I might switch completely to Tekken yall. (Not really) but I'm definitely gonna jump back on the game for a minute.

Tekken has reasonable Single Player content. It has well established lore. The characters (for the most part) are interesting. Tekken has a story modes, tekken force, back stories, cut scenes. voice actors, motion capture, character intros and character ending. Hell Tekken has Wing Chun! And Tekken has several movies. Now Tekken is getting a Netflix entry.:LOL:

All of this stuff provides the foundations for Tekken World Tours, tournaments, and its online community.

Now what is Virtua Fighter going to do to answer Tekken Bloodlines on Netflix:cautious:

Of course we'll make Virtua Fighter more popular by getting Tekken Skins!:meh:

Shinobi likes this.
  2. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    1. It's looking good, but not as good as Cobra Kai

2. It has Tekken style hit sparks, and certainly it doesn't look realistic at all, especially when you compare it to tv programs like UFC

3.Tekken doesn't have quality single player modes like other games do (e.g. Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Animal Crossing, Forza Horizon)

4. Final Fantasy XIV has better online modes than Tekken

Now, what is Tekken going to do to answer Cobra Kai on Netflix?

masterpo likes this.
  3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Tongue and cheek...the original Virtua Fighter anime series had 35 episodes. So ~11-12 hours of show runtime.

Combining the original Tekken OVA + CG movie + live-action movies + the new bloodline series combined likely will not have that long of a show runtime. So with all this roundabout "logic"...Tekken is still catching up to VF! :p

I grew up playing Tekken 2 to 3 a lot. So its neat to see an adaptation of that story line.

masterpo and Shinobi like this.
  4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :ROTFL:

:LOL:

I think hit sparks , and fantasy are just fine in Tekken. And when I play Tekken matches I'm prepared to be confronted with Vampires, Robots, Kangaroos, Pandas, Flying Androids, that can remove their heads as bombs and have chain saws for arms, Devil Jin with Wings and rays beams coming from his eyes, appearing and disappearing tigers, Azazel's and all kind a Sh#it:LOL:

So I'm looking forward to crazy stuff in the Tekken Bloodlines Netflix series. I will probably enjoy every episode. Its gonna be fire. When I want outrageous martial arts action I turn to Tekken.:oops:

I b#itch a lot about hit sparks and fantasy in VF. But I play a lot of Tekken. I prefer Tekken 6,5, and 4 though. I'm on VFDC talking about the thousands of matches I've played of VF, but I've also played thousands of matches in Tekken online, and 1000 times that offline. So I'm with you on adaptation of the story line. i'm totally into Tekken lore. I own every Tekken movie made:cool: However I feel VF is the superior 3D arcade fighting game an VFDC is the best fighting game community on the planet.

I want VF to keep its distinctive look and feel. They can modernize VF without Tekkenizing it. Let Tekken be Tekken and VF be VF. @akai And you're right about VF recordings having a longer total runtime. So technically VF is even superior as far as TV time goes:)

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I wonder if I would watch it on Netflix?:eek:

masterpo likes this.
  6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I just can't unsee the triangle shading on everything in the trailer.

erdraug and akai like this.
  7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Now that you mentioned it...if I watched the show, all I will do is look for the triangle shading now -_-

MarlyJay likes this.
  8. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk

I just watched the first couple of episodes. IMO good(y)

Heihachi is a monster:ROTFL:

Bamco gets it. Story mode, supporting movies, anime, CG, Netflix. If Virtua Fighter is going to copy off of Tekken story modes, character back stories, anime, movies would be a good start:LOL:.

beanboy likes this.
  9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Lol! Is it still good, or has it gotten kinda lame after a while?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  10. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

They're late AF, should done this while ago, but better than never i guess.

11. Safialynn

Safialynn New Member

I'm super hyped about the Tekken Bloodlines trailer too! It's looking epic. Tekken's got so much going for it with its lore, characters, and story modes. And now, a Netflix series? Count me in! I even work as a Netflix tagger, so it's very beneficial for me. As for Virtua Fighter, well, maybe Tekken skins could be a fun crossover idea! Let's see where this goes!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023