1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New movie: Aopai vs Chibita

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Nov 12, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Downloaded from VF4 Movie Warehouse... mirrored at... you know the drill. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

You've probably seen Chibita's Lion with that preying mantis mask in still pictures, but this is the first movie that features Lion with that funny getup. Aopai (10th dan) also plays a strong Pai, so it's a good matchup overall.

I've also updated the site with several more VF4 machines worldwide, so if you're wondering whether there are any machines in your area, go check out the locations page!

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Of note: Aopai shows off a weird looking combo in f,b+P ~ P ~ P ~ K,P. He also makes good use of the VF4 property that you can perform just about any move with your back turned and you will automatically turn to face the enemy before executing the move. In one instance, he uf+K's over the downed opponent, and then enters df+P,P,P to knock down. In another instance, he does the reverse kickflip and follows up with f,b+P,P while back-turned. Finally, Aopai uses d+P+K to trip a techrolling opponent. Fun stuff.

3. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

found it but page would'nt display in my browser... Is there a mpeg version...
    ??? thx

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Original link is
    http://page.freett.com/sippoless
    .... for some reason I could NOT use a download manager or download accelerator on that movie, and I could not type a direct link into the address bar. I -had- to visit the page and click on the link to get the movie. It was irritating.

If you want to use an accelerator or something, you might want to try
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/Random%20Recent%20VF%20movies/>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/Random%20Recent%20VF%20movies/</a>
    and it's in there (aopai_vs_chibita01.mov) ... have fun.

5. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

thx CreeD... read war and peace while it loaded...only to get message that i don't have the wherewthall to play it. ;>(... thx though for the mpeg of Lion vs. Wolf, etc. (blue camera)

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hey, could you post the link to the original, I can't seem to get it off your site.

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://page.freett.com/sippoless/>http://page.freett.com/sippoless/</a>

But I think the page just got taken down due to the user exceeding bandwidth limitations.

I just checked FTP logs, people *have* been downloading the new movie off the VF4fx FTP server... just that it's always full =(

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Hey, I hope you didn't delete it... all you need to play it is Quicktime.
    That's at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.apple.com/quicktime>http://www.apple.com/quicktime</a>.

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Damn..I keep trying...your site supports ftp/file transfer speed up programs?

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how exactly a download accelerator works... is it through streaming compression, or something else? And does it work for FTP downloads, or only HTTP downloads? I really haven't spent a lot of time researching download acceleration software.

I'm currently running an FTP server with maxclients=5 and maxtransfer=500kbps (across all clients). Wish I could dedicate more outbound bandwidth to the server, but then the folks in my office would complain...

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The accelerator works works for both FTP and HTTP. What it does is log in multiple times and then divide the download into parts. It then downloads the different parts simultaneously. Like if you have a 5,000 byte file it might start five separate download streams - the first at the 0 byte mark, the second at the 1,000 byte mark, the third at the 2,000 byte mark, etc etc.
    So after everything is done I end up with five 1K files that the accelerator then patches together into one file. This works because newer versions of HTTP support a lot of the same functions as FTP, including resuming from a specific point in a file.

Anyway, to make it short, your site does not support it because it doesn't allow multiple logons from the same IP, and if it did the maximum would be five streams. The accel. I use tries for seven and of course chokes when I try to use it with your site.

If you wanted to allow it, you could find the tag that allows multiple logons from the same IP and check it or fill in the blank for "# of simultaneous connections allowed". This would mean that one person could tie up all five slots, but for a (much) shorter time than they would be if they were taking up just one slot.

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The accelerator works works for both FTP and HTTP. What it does is log in multiple times and then divide the download into parts. It then downloads the different parts simultaneously. Like if you have a 5,000 byte file it might start five separate download streams - the first at the 0 byte mark, the second at the 1,000 byte mark, the third at the 2,000 byte mark, etc etc. So after everything is done I end up with five 1K files that the accelerator then patches together into one file. This works because newer versions of HTTP support a lot of the same functions as FTP, including resuming from a specific point in a file.

I understand how the download "accelerator" can take advantage of packetized downloads in order to allow for autoresume, etc. This is much like the protocol used in FastTrack (the underlying technology for Morpheus/Kazaa). But, don't most HTTP servers set a limit to maxclients per IP? A pertinent example would be TBZone... I cannot download more than 2 movies at a time.

Anyway, to make it short, your site does not support it because it doesn't allow multiple logons from the same IP, and if it did the maximum would be five streams. The accel. I use tries for seven and of course chokes when I try to use it with your site.

I'll go ahead and bump up the maxconn per IP variable. But ultimately the total bandwidth allocated to the FTP server remains at 500kbps, so I don't think there'll be much of an improvement, but... no harm experimenting =)

13. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

The guy with multiple conns might be able to milk more out from the server. From experience, multiple conns do make a download faster by 10% or so.

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Done. I increased # of connections per client on the WarFTP Server Daemon.