1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New PS2 VF4 shots? No.

Discussion in 'Console' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Oct 31, 2001.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

2. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

Re: New PS2 VF4 shots...

What's the move of Akira on the last pic of the first link?

3. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Holy jagged hell!!! Um alot of these pics look pretty bad :(

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

they're from an early version of VF3 arcade.
    As for the lack of antialiasing, remember that they were never meant to be viewed on a PC monitor. Maybe Sega kept them as sharp as possible so that when presented on a lesser arcade monitor they would still look decent.

5. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

early version of VF3 arcade ???

You mean early version of VF4 arcade ?

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yes. I meant early naomi 2 screenshots. I must be tired.

7. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

how did you guys confirm which version they're from?

spotlite

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I've noticed that some of the Sarah pictures (the moves against Jacky in the collosium) on the second link are identical to the pictures posted on the VF4 site months ago. Eveything else is up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

For me the TGS video is the only hard proof that i'll acknowledge. Lets just wait till we get more official material.

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Exactly spotlite, many of these pics have been floating around for a while, so they are obviously from the arcade version. The positioning of the characters in the supposed PS2 shots (relative to background objects and to each other) is identical to arcade shots posted a while back. The only difference is the size/resolution of the shots and color saturation (the arcade shots were un-saturated). Sega is trying to pull a fast one. I guess that is understandible since they claim it will be at least arcade perfect - so why not just blow up shots of the arcade version and release them to the press?

We will see soon..........................