1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith trailer!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RandomHajile, Nov 5, 2004.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

saw it today on tv

wow, how kool it looks, even though anakin looks a bit like a tekken player in his hood!

hopfuly this will make up for the crapness that was episons 1 and 2!

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

3. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

I'm no hardcore Star Wars fan, but so far I ahve enjoyed the movies. I hope this one is as good if not better than the origional three were. Also i am glad to see they didnt fuck with his suit. Vader pwns

4. RandomHajile

i am a hardcore SW fan (have nearly all versions on laser/vhs)

the thing is, this is set at least 18 years b4 star wars: a new hope.

so george lucus recons that darth vader is gonna be busting the same outfit all that time???

they should of made him leaner, a slimmer helmet or better yet, how he looked in his "breathing chamber" on his super starddestroyer in the empire strikes back, with out the helmet!

anyways, wonder what fight he'll edit out of this one

the desert fight was cut from phantom menace

and count douku with 2 sabers was cut from attack of the clones!

5. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

how many of you nerds are already waiting in line right NOW? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

looks really cool though. maybe....just maybe...lucas can redeem his good name with this one. It definitely looks like it has the potential.

Please, just no annoying comic-relief characters and stupid kids' jokes.

6. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

the trailer looks cool! I liked part 1 personally but part 2 was a bit off course but it was likeable to some extent. I agree with Random there. Darth shouldn't really have the full costume on him but maybe show a clip of him in the end of the film with the full suit on or something.

Oh I pray all the rumours I heard about Vader isn't true.

7. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

random, did they include those fights on the dvd version? not in the actual film but as deleted scenes?

8. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Trailer looks OK, but again, Lucus seems more set on filling-holes in his grand story that creating truly entertaining movies. Why the continual references to older films and characters? This whole first trilogy is more soap opera than epic prologue.

Obviously I'll go see it, but I think this trilogy has slipped too far to be saved by the final film.

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

First of all. His name is George fucking "Lucas". Lucasarts flashes before your eyes - not Lucusarts. Jeezus.

Secondly, I think it's a really good idea to start making judgement calls of the film now that we've had our first taste of what...uh...25 seconds worth?! Yeah, that's a great idea.

Referencing characters people are familiar with is no big deal. R2 and 3PO are droids ffs - who cares if they show up 18 years ahead of when they jettison from Leia's ship. Really.

And Random, Vader not with his suit, but some slimmed down version? wtf? It's Vader, end of story. And how do you not know if that's a clip from the end of the film? How do you not know that the whole film is Anakin flying around kicking all the Jedi's asses on behalf of the sith?

Remember - 25 seconds worth, people!. 25 seconds.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

10. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Llanfair said:
    Remember - 25 seconds worth, people!. 25 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed those 25 seconds... it gives me hope that he'll give me a story that is better than ep1 & ep2. I told myself I won't bother with ep3 in the theatres because I was disappointed with 1&2. But, after seeing the trailer I'll pony up the $12 to see it on the big screen.

As for comic relief characters -- they've been in every star wars film. I just think there were too many, overblown, in-your-face, comical characters in the first two episodes. In the original series the comedy was much more tastefully done.

kbcat

11. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I will refuse to see this.

GE

12. RandomHajile

hey Llanfair, are you some plaid shirt waring LUCAS (see i spelt it right jussst 4 u) fan boy???

do you gladly fork over the 50 bucks or so for each of his books?

will you dress the same 18 years from now?

i doubt it, i made my point about vader, we do not see him hunt down all the jedi, and as he does, surly he would of got more damaged back then and would of had to gotten upgrades to his suit, i mean if luck could of damaged him in empire, im sure the jedi must of cut of another limb or 2 off him!

anyways as real hardcore fans know, this trilogy didnt get ruined from jarjar, or crap acting and dilog, it was the death of the force.

mediclorians that fooking talk to you, haha! killed the spritiual side of the force!

kingsouth, no, the dvds hav crap delited like washing up in the kitchen!

13. KS_Vanessa

yea it kinda turned into an episode of DBZ with the mediclorins.

'hhaha foo, my mediclorins count is 400!!....
    what???!!! im sensing an enormous mediclorin power on my rader, OF 4000!'

crap like power levels shudnt be in movies. completely ruins it.................

14. KS_Vanessa

[ QUOTE ]
    RandomHajile said:

kingsouth, no, the dvds hav crap delited like washing up in the kitchen!

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?!!!!!!!! thats the kinda shit ppl wanna see! the only reason i liked star wars was cuz of the lightsabers!! get a couple of mushrooms in ya and its a fucking lightshow for the evening!

15. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    In the original series the comedy was much more tastefully done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps. Though my biggest laugh-out-loud moment watching any Star Wars movie happened a few years ago while watching Empire. In the rebel base on Hoth after Leah & Han have their "I'd rather kiss a wookie" moment, you wipe to C3PO & R2 going down the hall where C3PO says something to the effect of "i don't know why they were so angry, i merely stated that it was freezing in the princess's chamber."

Anyways...I'll check out the flick cause I really have no other choice, but my expectations are pretty damn low. Oh well.

16. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    sanjuro said:
    Anyways...I'll check out the flick cause I really have no other choice, but my expectations are pretty damn low. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I doubt there is anything he can do to redeem himself. But, I just have to know how bad it will get. It's like a train wreck, I must look.

kbcat -- yes, the whole meti...whatevers was a real low point -- that and having "ani" build C3P0. sheesh. and the "I've just slaughtered a whole village", "oh that's ok honey" bit between "ani" and "pad-thai". Why am I going to go see this thing again?

17. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Llanfair said:

First of all. His name is George fucking "Lucas". Lucasarts flashes before your eyes - not Lucusarts. Jeezus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a grip, you pedantic little Star Wars gimp.

And I never made a call on the third film based on the trailer - I made a general comment about the prologue's constant nodding towards the earlier films, and opined that this film couldn't magically make the other films any better or more relevant.

18. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I'd vomited when I'd watched the trailer. So any hope of a decent movie out of #3 is well /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Steptoe_Akira

Steptoe_Akira Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RandomHajile said:
    will you dress the same 18 years from now?

i doubt it, i made my point about vader, we do not see him hunt down all the jedi, and as he does, surly he would of got more damaged back then and would of had to gotten upgrades to his suit, i mean if luck could of damaged him in empire, im sure the jedi must of cut of another limb or 2 off him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Random, Vader doesn't get "dressed" in the suit, it's not as if he has a wardrobe full of vader suits and when he gets up in the morning puts one on after having a shower. He needs the suit to sustain his life, if he takes his helmet off in anywhere other than his regeneration chamber he dies.

As for having a different suit, well, I don't know about you but I want to see the original VADER that I grew up with, I would feel ripped off if I didn't.

This is just my opinion, like yours, but I think the reason Lucas is going with OVader is just to underline the fact that anakin is completley gone and completley evil, imagine if it was vader suit but no helmet and we could see Anakin's face, that would make no sence. We would still recognise him as Anakin and not vader, plus we would also like to know how he gets his helmet and that would mean another episode which would ruin continuity.

As for the first two films sucking, its true, they were NOWHERE near as good as they could and should have been. But they have got nothing to do with this film, if this film is good it will stand in its own right. For me I didn't like the original star wars (drags on at the begining, no impirial march music, space fight was brass, lightsabre fight was dry battle in the death star was boring) as much as EmpireStrikesBack, but that doesnt affect my opinion of empirestrikesback AT ALL, because that movie was too good. And if revenge of the sith is good it is good, no matter how irritaiting jar jar is in episode 1.

And Random, we do see anakin/vader hunting jedi, when yoda and mace are fighting the emporer anakin and stormtroopers raid the jedi temple.

20. KS_Vanessa

kinda funny how you guys keep going on bout jar jar saying he didnt need to be in the series. thing is he's one of the main reasons ( i think) for fucking up the jedi. it was he single vote that turned the entire control of the government and army to senator palpatine, then the emporer wnet and fucked things up.

not sure if this stuff is true but apparently thats how all the shit started, numorous fansites will tell you this i think...............
    so yea, even tho the char was terrible, you have to have an idiot like that to royally fuck things up i guess...........