1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New version of 5R (Version B) coming...

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Re: New version of 5R (Version B)coming...

Good news!!
    Does KS5 use this new version??

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll get -this- version eventually.

:)?

4. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86

Fantastic news! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I noticed this info on the official site earlier too, but I couldn't understand most of it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif. Thanks for the info Reno!

Hopefully it really will be version B. "A wholly new version of the game, complete with new title screen." definitely seems to be hinting at it.

And now we all desperately hope that this version will come to consoles... oh joy.

5. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

You know i really think that is what happening on why sega is not brining VF5R on consoles,maybe they're trying to update the game as much as they can so that when the final version of it come out,BAM! VF5R! version 100! lol

6. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Thanks for the news Reno... After reading this I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement in regards to an updated console version of VF doesn't come within the next 3-6 months. Like Haya said, this could be why they were holding off from announcing anything VF related for consoles. Maybe this version will be a final beta test run with tweaks to come a few months down the line after release.

7. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

If this game doesn't comeout this summer, 2010 for sure. SEGA can't be that dumb on releasing this game during the holiday season again, especially next to Tekken 6...........Who am I kidding, this is SEGA.

Anyway, I haven't been looking at VF5R videos as of late, so for those who have, or even played the game(Reno)anything stands out that needs to be fix or be added?

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

Interessting. Gives me a tiny bit of hope still.

9. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I think we're hoping against hope. That said, I'll be real happy if I'm wrong.

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

This is clearly about a new revision for the arcade, you guys getting a bit to desperate for console news /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

I know feck, the hope is just for some eventual console release. mightve been putting it off cause they were busy with an arcade revision.

and yes im desperate screw you. lol.

12. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

13. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

Not many of us will ever get to play R in the arcades, so a console release is our only hope. That's why we're desperate.

Especially since Sega has reason to not release it (though they'd be wrong)

14. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

So it's past March 15th. What happened?

15. LostCloud

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86

<s>I don't know why this hasn't been posted here on VFDC yet since it was posted on March 19th on Truesonic2k's blog, but here ya go:</s>

Link (Edit: Changed to akai's link)

I'm thinking that this means that it was version B after all that was shown. Awesome! Version B! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<s>(Credit for this obviously goes to Reno and Truesonic2k (Thank you!), I just don't know why it wasn't posted here yet.)</s>

Now... where's the console announcement??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

(Edit: Yes it was already posted, my bad, forgive me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

16. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Link

17. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

/me cums in pants...

18. LostCloud

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86

Oh, no wonder I didn't see it there. It was in the gallery xD (I should've done a better forum search... Sorry about that Reno & Truesonic2k!)

Thanks for pointing that out akai. Someone should've mentioned that they posted it in the gallery though here in this thread. I was waiting to hear about what they showed at Yappa Sasobi Fest ‘09 and there was never any update in this thread.

My bad though, I just didn't check the gallery! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

19. del

del Member

Thanks LostCloud for bringing this to my attention! I rarely check the gallery section so this is my first time seeing this.

I would have thought this sort of news would go on the front page?

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I think Myke might have put something on the front page when VF5 ver D was being released, that's only time I remember stuff like that on the front page.