1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Wolf/General questions

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by NewsBruin, Feb 27, 2008.

1. NewsBruin

NewsBruin New Member

Hey, I'm slowly working through my PS2 collection, and I've begun playing VF4:E. I'm digging me some Wolf H, and I wanted to ask some questions:

-I get floated. A lot. And it hurts. Is there any way to fight out of a floating combo?

-What is the use/significance of Reject Wall? I've drilled a little with it in Training, but I don't know a lot about bringing it to a fight. Does it cover highs, mids, and lows? How generous is the window to use it? What do y'all like to chain with it?

-Can any of the ground grapples/pick-up be much use gainst the CPU, or are they limited to guys who lay down forever?

-What are the best one-strike, quick-strike, and combo moves to learn?

-Do you find it easy or hard to incorporate Wolf's command throws? I get kinda spazzy and double-tap directions more than I ought. I also find the half-circle/quarter-circle moves hit-and-miss on the PS2 pad.

-Do you develop decent combo recognition against the CPU? I don't like blocking, but when I whiff a block, man, it makes me pay.

That's what I have right now. The game is a lot of fun, but it forces me to be a lot more disciplined than I have ever been before for a fighting/wrestling/action game.