1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Old VF games (VF3/VF4:Evo) - Any tips on DLC 2P?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by KIYOSHO, Jul 28, 2012.

1. KIYOSHO

KIYOSHO Member

Hi all. Before FS came out, I got VF4: Evo off the PS Store and playing VF3tb on Dreamcast. Ever since vanilla VF5, I haven't been playing anyone else but Akira so he is definitely my main. My problem however that I've had forever is doing the true DLC from 2P side, I have done it a number of times but its not consistent at all. I do use an arcade stick so in terms of equipment, I'm ok there so the issue is in my technique. After playing FS, I can definitely confirm and understand why Sega have removed the 6 input from the p in the middle of the string because I can do the true DLC without any issue on both sides but whenever I'm playing vanilla VF5 or the older games, thats no good as I want to pull off the true DLC to the left. I know that in VF4: Evo, there are more damaging combos with Akira than using the DLC like Youhou, standing p, shoulder, double palm (which I learnt from watching videos of Ohsu Akira) but whenever I'm playing any fighting game, I like to be able to perform all moves so that I have a more complete arsenal for when it might be better to perform a DLC rather than that combo for spacing reasons.

So the same way there is a thread on how to perform the Knee, can anyone recommend methods to executing the DLC from 2P side? Thanks.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Go to dojo. Practice the first hit over and over. Then add the second hit and practice over and over. Then add the third hit. Don't move from one to the next until you can execute each part with precision and no wasted motions.