1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Online Warrior II: No Ethernet Wire Edition

Discussion in 'Console' started by Rodnutz, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Hey everyone,

First off, I'd like to say that I hope you all and your families are safe during these tough and bizarre times. With that out of the way, let's get to it.

For fun, I thought I'd start this thread to get some insight from anyone that plays any FIGHTING GAME, I repeat, FIGHTING GAME online via a WIFI connection. In other words, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Smash Bros (yes Smash is considered a fighting game), etc. Why do you opt to not direct connect with an Ethernet cable? Is your modem to far away? Do you not have a long enough Ethernet cord? I'm really interested in hearing anyone's thoughts and reasons for justifying a, in my opinion, poor connection over something that has been proven to be more optimal.

Please think on it for a moment and if you are brave enough to admit that you are an OW2: NEWE player, step up and share your thoughts and or reasons.

If anyone likes this thread and would also like to hear what OW2: NEWE players have to say on the topic, please feel free to share or post this thread via twitter, Facebook, your Twitch streams or other gaming communities you may be a part of. The more the merrier.

2. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    HI
    Me Are the first.
    VF5Fs is my first fighting game that i play with other people than my friends i say online. at first i only want to play Virtua Fighter and online was the only option, really i couldn't feel the different for me was difficult respect turn or execute basic commands. Learned a bit but my roouter was in other room and need to heat this room only to play.
    Nowadays i am a wired warrior but is something want to play wifi vs me is ok

DomAug and Iwazaru like this.
  3. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    my PS3 is on wifi because it's on the second floor and my router is on the first floor, but i also have a wired wifi bridge on that floor and i haven't really had any connection problems since playing VF again.