1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Orlando Tournament moved to January 25th

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by pinoy929, Nov 16, 2002.

1. pinoy929

pinoy929 Member

Okay guys, a colleague of mine stated that I should post this new thread due to the fact that I cannot change the heading on the previous one. Just to let you know, the Orlando Tournament will be on JANUARY 25th, NOT THE 18th. Everything else is the same. Just in case, I copied all the information I had in the previous one so that way it is easier on you guys. Remember you must register via e-mail and the deadline for registration is Wednesday, January 22th, 11:59PM....ok? Thanks.

It's that time again folks. Since Crossover was a great sucess, there will be another tournament tentatively named "The Gauntlet" due to the fact that there will be more tournament games. The tournament is going to be on January 25th and it will start at 12:00PM and will end at 12:00AM. It will be at the University of Central Florida at the Student Union. Parking is free on the weekends, so don't worry about that anymore. Games that will be there are as follows:

Tekken 4 (or Soul Calibur 1, depending on fan favorite)

Virtua Fighter 4 (I hear there is a huge following in Orlando for this game)

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 (Traditionally a favorite)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (The greatest Vs. Game...ever)

Super Smash Brothers (I dunno about this one, but if there is a good response to it, then it will be there)

General Rules for all games:

The maximum amount of players for all tournaments will either be 32 or 64.

DOUBLE ELIMINATION

All tournaments follow this plan: Starts off with just single matches; quarter finals is best 2 out 3, semi-finals, best 3 out of 5; finals best 4 out of 7

If you have a controller you want to use, then bring it. All games will be played on a PS2 (if SC is selected over Tekken 4, then obviously DC's will be there).

We are working on prizes, so there might be an entry fee.

Players must sign up via e-mail or direct contact to administrators (me or other staff...now being developed). When signing up, please give your FULL name and e-mail address. If you know anyone who wants to join, tell them!

(my e-mail shoryuken929@yahoo.com)

If anyone would like to help out of their generosity, this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and hope to see you all there at the tournament.

Placido "Joe" Buniao III

Post Script:

If anyone knows if this date is already in conflict with another tournament, please let me know so it can be worked on immediately. Thanks.