1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pad players sound off!

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by VanguardBronze, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Hey y'all. I'm just curious about what my fellow pad players are doing out there.

What's your button layout, and what peripheral do you use?

I've been using the DualShock 4 this entire time, and this'll be the third config I'll have mapped for it.

P - Square
    K - Circle
    P+K - Triangle
    K+G - X
    G - L1
    P+G - R1
    P+K+G - R2

Originally I had Guard on X and K+G on L1 but I was missing some key launch punishes so I decided having all 4 attack buttons on the face would be the best idea.

However, I might end up going back to the Hori Fighting Commander if this doesn't pan out, I did enjoy having block on the face as well so if I absolutely need it to play comfortably, I'll definitely have to make an investment.

Show me what you got!

JinKs81 and beanboy like this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

P - square
    K - triangle
    Block -X
    P+K+G - circle

P+K - R1
    K+G - R2
    P+G - L1
    P+G - L2

JinKs81 and VanguardBronze like this.
  3. JinKs81

JinKs81 Well-Known Member

Default, but switched to DualShock 4 from DualSense. Now I want to map P+K+G to X since this post got me thinking.

beanboy and VanguardBronze like this.
  4. Pad user (forever).
    I never knew they even had joysticks that were made up of all buttons until like 2015-ish.

Controller setup I use (Playstation): Square is G, X is P, Circle is K, R1 is K+G, R2 is P+K+G.
    Everything else left Default/ cleared out.
    Oh, and I use the D-pad.

VanguardBronze likes this.
  5. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Been a Pad user since forever. I used a DS3 in the Final Showdown days. Now I'm on a DS4. Tried the Dual Sense, but found the Dpad to be less accurate.

Guard = square
    Punch = triangle
    Kick = circle
    P+K+G = L1
    Everything else is turned off.

The only thing I have trouble doing on pad is shaking out of staggers. Damn near impossible.

VanguardBronze likes this.
  6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Whether Pad or Stick, it mattered not. He decimated his enemies with reckless abandon. His methods were cruel. He showed his opponents no mercy and gave them no quarter, Whether Pad or Stick is was the same cold murderous look in his eye before ever match. His thirst for violence was insatiable. One could barely stand the brutality that he would wage against all that stood before him. Pad or Stick , life or death it was all the same to him. Only a burning hunger to bring and end to someone else's VF's existence.

That is of course until one day he happened upon Master Po..... and Master Po introduced him to his famed Dead Duck Broken Wing Kungfu. From that time forward, he preferred the Pad over the Stick, because he found that it was a lot easier to get a new Pad from Amazon.com. For in playing Master Po, he wore out his stick, could not find a new one, and if it were not for the wide availability of new Pads on Amazon.,. well would have never found out how the story ended;)

VanguardBronze and beanboy like this.
  7. Stagger shake is definitely an obstacle for me. I'm destroying my d-pad if I do it there but it's too slow to react to jump to the analog stick.

I'm thinking it's time to get the Hori Fighting Commander Octa.