1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai strings against Taka

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Sozos, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    [P][P][K][K] CH 52damage ( also natural string combo in recovering hit , best punish against Taka's [4][P][+][K][P] )
    [3][P][P][K][K] CH 56damage
    [3][K][P][P] NH 47damage
    [2][P][+][K][K][P] NH 55damage
    with CH 63damage

2. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

You're the man, Sozos. I'll have to try these and other things and see how it affects my Taka game (I don't really have a Taka game, yet, which is the problem, haha). Thanks!

-David

3. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Np problem man..i havent so much experience against taka but that stuffs helps a lot.

4. BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory Well-Known Member

My problem is that a lot of those are unsafe on block. I still stick to my regular combos. Juggles work for him like light weights. they can be teched but at least you don't whiff like against Jeffrey or Wolfe. My big one is 3[K][+][G](launch), 6[K][+][G],2[P],while standing [P][+][K], [P]. that is of course if you can hit them with the launcher.

5. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    If the first hit is CH the strings are safe and connect with guaranteed strings . [3][K][P][P] doesnt need CH. Anyway i write down which Pai strings works against Taka. These strings are some extra tools against Taka.

6. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Great post Sozos.

I just want to re-iterate this because BogusMeatFactory seemed to miss the point of the post. These are strings that chain if the first one hits (sometimes needing a counter hit), they aren't "combos" but guaranteed strings. Hit check is your friend in all cases because just blindly throwing these out is just the same as blindly hitting [1][K][K] or [3][K][+][G]

If you can hit check, the first two are really excellent options despite the seeming low damage.

[P][P][K][K] CH 52damage
    [3][P][P][K][K] CH 56damage

[2][P][+][K][K][P] this is a great one though because it chains regardless of CH or NH, does great damage and knocks down.

like Sozos said, [3][K][P][P] doesn't require a CH so it is a great option for 47 points, pushes Taka far back and only leaves you at -3. the push back effectively gives you a black slate though.

Ladon likes this.
  7. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Thx GodEater. like u said these specific stuffs are very useful only against Taka.. if u find new stuffs pls write it down!!

8. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    I haven't practiced against Taka yet because I never see him in online competition. How is [3][K][P][P] guaranteed on normal hit? Does he stumble or something that leaves him unable defend or respond?

9. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

That's just the nature of Taka. :)

Tricky likes this.
  10. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

@Darrius_Cole Yeah, I asked all of those questions already, haha. There's nothing mechanical about it; just certain strings for certain characters are programmed to be guaranteed against Taka. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with frames.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Sozos, Shidosha just claimed on the shoutbox Pai's [P][P][K][K] can be used to punish taka's [4][P][+][K][P]. This implies that the entire string also combos on RECOVERY hit. You should test, sounds important.

Sozos likes this.
  12. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    erdraug: its correct. PPKK is the best punish for 4P+KP.

13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Strings that work on CH also work on Recovery CH too. (Just a general game mechanic)

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Are you talking Taka only? Cause this sure isn't a general rule.. Jackys PPP as an example, works MC but does not on recovery counter, except against Taka.

15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It might be string specific then. In my experience any string that would full combo on MCH will also work on minor counter hit.

16. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Such as Pai's PPKK, Jacky's PPP(PP6PK), and Lion's PKP are Taka only punishment. Extra credit for those characters.