1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Playing VF Now

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Oct 8, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Okay so with all the new posts and the flurry of new posters a gathering should take place for some competative gaming. We want to get the UK VF'ers down here and we want to get both VF3tb and VF4 competition.

How about we arrange something for the first week of November, this gives everyone a month to prepare.

You need to book airfare at least 3 days in advance, so you can make the decision probably like two weeks from now, book the flight, and make arrangements/practice in the meantime.

We should schedule a tentative date of November 9th to November 11th for the competition and of course play for fun during the days before and after the gathering.

I'll make it a point to get a VF4 machine in here on free play from Sega if we can get some international players here and

*BIG BONUS* beat us in VF3tb more than 50% and we'll of course again provide the obigatory airfare recompensation for showing us how bad we are at the game.

The 50% will be judged by playing a total of 50 games. Single character 3 round matches.

So win more than 50% and your airfare is covered.

We will of course try and minimize all your other expenses (food, lodging etc.) and try and get as many VF3/4 players in one place for you to compete with.

The cost per person coming from the UK should be less than $400 each person. (this should cover airfare, entertainment, food, lodging etc.)

So how about it? Up for some losing...(ahem)...winning?

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

LOL...How bout I come beat on ya ass for free dawg? Just jokin, but I am definatly down for some vf'in

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

The horse is really hurtin' now

No offense Andy, but I think you guys are flogging a dead horse here. I'm really curious about one thing in particular though - how are you going to get Sega to provide you with a VF4 machine?

Heck, If it's as simple as mentioning that some international people are coming to town, then I'll flash my UK passport and nab a VF4 for Toronto. ;)

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

If this happens (*cough*mmphssnngghhhheh), maybe you could add "Andy will register his own username on VFDC" to the wager if you lose?

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!

But seriously, Andy, why won't you register?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Re: The horse is really hurtin' now

Hey llanfair,

Getting a VF4 machine down here isn't as hard as it would seem. We'll it sort of is, I have to run something that will give Sega the incentive to provide the free machines. This is something like market data, income data, or play test data.

So my angle will probably be something like because of the high concentration of Japanese players and given the popularity of VF4 in Japan over games like Tekken and Marvel vs. Capcom etc. it would make sense that VF4 would do well where there is a high concentration of Japanese players.

If it does well on a play test and income test and it is marketed to Japanese players then Sega might have a better sell to Arcade distributors that are near area's like NYC or LA where there are alot of Japanese foreigners living there.

Sega however is not really willing to enagage in any new marketing efforts.

So what I do is provide some of the marketing muscle and capture play data/income data and provide it to Sega.

My angle for why I would want to help Sega would be something like it would benefit my business to understand how games and concentration of certainnationalities affect purchasing patterns of different products.

I can then use bubble tea as a prime example of a product that is doing well especially in areas densly populated by asian people.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I dunno, I can't figure out why Sega would consider this information so valuable that they'll 'give' you a multithousand dollar machine. Maybe you should be shooting for 'borrowing' a machine. Or more accurately, renting.
    Sega probably has the high-concentration-of-Asians angle figured out. They'll sell the game to whichever arcade operators order it. Your efforts should be towards convincing those operators (and an international tournament is a good sign that you're serious). Agreed that a little more advertising and promotion couldn't HURT from Sega's end of things.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

8. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

It would be for borrowing.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm...maybe a angle could be to get play-test response from the east coast? Also if you could show that people (like me) travel down to play vf4, not even the final version, that there is a lot of enthusiasim.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu