1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3

Discussion in 'General' started by archangel, May 17, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Some images of the console.

PS3

the console itself doesnt look half bad but the pad looks awful.

2. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
  3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

You gotta love every generations attempt to better the Snes pad but never quite doing it, this one's falls long by a way errrggg! /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

The console looks really sharp, and crisp. I watched the whole sony press conference and the system definitely looks promising. I really dont know about that controller design, it may and might not work but its wireless. It would be neat to have some new joysticks wireless too. Im just really waiting for any news on VF5.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Wireless scares me.

I tried a wireless setup with my Hori Evo sticks. It had lag. Not good. Akira Knee [K]+[G] (release [G] in one frame) did not work well at all.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm worried about the wireless thing too.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of controller port on these new systems somewhere. I refuse to play VF5 with a controller, especially that ugly new PS3 controller. I hope they change that design.

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

There's always USB / USB convertors if it comes to that.

/KiwE

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Actually, I think many sources have stated that the controllers will be lag free. In fact, Famitsu have done tests on some of the recent wireless controllers for the PS2 and they are indeed lag free. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The test they did was on a fighting game actually, they basically pushed P on both sides, one corded, one wireless, to see if they will make contact at the same time, and it works. Of course who knows maybe it's one or two frames late... but I didn't read it too specifically. Still, I don't think there should be anything we should worry about wireless controllers. Except for the cost.... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I want this PS3, but it sounds very expensive. How can Sony deliver this system for less than 400-500 dollars? They'll probably lose money on each system sold just like they did with the PS2.

I'm guessing The Nintendo Revolution will probably be the cheapest out of the three. They will fly under the radar and still make a profit just like last time.

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It'll definitely be expensive, probably around the $400 mark. This thing is not coming out until next year, so there is still quite a bit of time for them to bring the cost down.

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

rendered. bullshit sony lies.

12. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    i hate the way the system looks.... it looks like a bucket! a bucket of BULLSHIT. and that ridiculous controller! what is that thing for? I guess it's for when you have bad company and you want to kill them, just toss that thing like a boomerang and *BAM* bad company is no more.

I am not impressed. I really hope they change this design. I would be kind of pissed if i had to buy this thing just for vf 5. I hate to say it, but i hope microsoft's xbox 360 gets vf 5.

13. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I actaully hope the Rev. gets VF5. I'm just in love with the design of the Rev. 'cuz it looks so damn sweet. I don't know, it is about the games but the PS3 looks like ass. I like the minimalist design of the Rev.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The PS3's features just bowled me over. Sony is pretty serious. I'm also impressed with the cohesiveness of the X-box 360--"always HD, always connected, always customized." the Microsoft marketing machine is in tow. Nintendo's Revolution looks nice, but their strategy of "games for everyone" sounds software-based, not hardware-led! The hardware may get lost in PS3-X360 clash of the titans.

Personally, if X360 offers the better online experience, I hope VF5 is translated there. But if VF5 is the graphical magnum opus we're all holding our breaths for...then PS3's teraflops would be OK too.

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The PS3's features just bowled me over. Sony is pretty serious. I'm also impressed with the cohesiveness of the X-box 360--"always HD, always connected, always customized." the Microsoft marketing machine is in tow. Nintendo's Revolution looks nice, but their strategy of "games for everyone" sounds software-based, not hardware-led! The hardware may get lost in PS3-X360 clash of the titans.

Personally, if X360 offers the better online experience, I hope VF5 is translated there. But if VF5 is the graphical magnum opus we're all holding our breaths for...then PS3's teraflops would be OK too.

16. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

With the PS3 being superior spec-wise, I hope VF5 will look as great as DOA. There is no reason it shouldn't be but still...I just don't want to get the short end of the graphics stick like I did with the PS2.

17. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

If you think about it, Xbox has always beaten PS2 in the graphics department and I don't think X360 will be an exception. Even though Xbox has the better graphics I am still inclined to stick with Sony, but with that new controller, my mind is starting to wonder towards X360. However, the main thing that concerns me is where VF5 goes I go.

18. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Seeing as how there will probably no VF5 announcement, I'm betting it won't be announced 'till 2 years after the next gen. consoles are released and by then AM2 will come out with some arcade board that shits on the PS3 and Xbox 360, thus no (graphically) arcade perfect port.

I think a graphically arcade perfect port of VF to console will always be a dream.

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Simply put, I'm getting one!

I think the system looks top quality, and the controller looks ok too. I have always prefered Sony to the others, mainly due to the games that are on offer, I just hope that VF 5 will be on this system.

20. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

I like the looks of the console more than the other 2. The other two are soooooo boring to look at. 360 looks like an old 386 PC spliffed up and the rev looks like...well a silver box. Yawn!

I hope the revolution logo looks better than what I saw in the conference, cos that was piss poor. However, I love the idea that you can download every game Nintendo have ever released on all consoles.

As for the graphics on some of the games, They're mighty impressive for bring non-rendered. Looked like CGI to me but if ya look closely it isn't. Tekken 6 already?! c'mon! T5 already came out! I hope thats that a technical demo.

That FF7 tech demo was cheeky too, showing it and saying it's just a demo, BAH!

Gameboy Micro?! wtf! why get that when the DS came out and plays the old games?! silly nintendo but even sillier ppl who buy the micro.