1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible stupid question

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Iamtheone1983, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

I'm having trouble playing 2p offline. It keeps saying "2 controllers needed", even though I have two connected. Am I doing something wrong here?

akai likes this.
  2. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Is the second controller signed into an account?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  3. Iamtheone1983

Yes I have tried signing into an acct, as well as signing in as guest. no luck. :(

4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

when you press the vs option, make sure to press start on the 2nd controller to tell the game you have a 2nd controller ready. That may be the issue.

5. LadyxBeans

LadyxBeans New Member

in my experience, you have to have the second controller already on before you launch the game. if that doesn't work then try pressing start both before and after you press the local play button.

akai likes this.
  6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I also have issues of getting 2 player offline matches working. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The game mentions it requires 2 wireless controllers to play offline versus mode. I have wired arcade stick being used and wonder if that was part of the issue.

7. LadyxBeans

LadyxBeans New Member

strange. mine worked just fine, although i was previously using a wireless controller. so perhaps use a wireless controller in training mode and then disconnect it then connect the arcade stick? cause that's what i did.

akai likes this.
  8. Iamtheone1983

This worked. Thank you.

Dreamboat likes this.