PS2 HDD and VF4...

Discussion in 'Console' started by vf4akira, Mar 2, 2002.

1. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Does anybody here playing VF4 with PS2 hard drive? I was wondering if there is any decent improvement in load times or something.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

someone mentioned that the hard drive barely shaves any time off the loading at all.

3. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I think most people, perhaps rightfully so, are coming from the perspective that the HD should reduce load time to nothing or to near nothing. From this perspective, the HD is a disappointment.

However, the HD does shave off some time, so that you can begin your rounds that much earlier, so I would much rather have it than not.

Though I suppose it is evidence that it is ultimately not that worthwhile as I have not ordered a Japanese PS2 and HD to take advantage of this.

Still, given the irritating load/save system with the memory cards in the tabulation of your fight statistics, the HD is pretty much a moot point.

-Jason

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

When did the hd get released? Cost?

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Well, VF4 won't install to my HD because I don't have the utility disc with the updated drivers/etc for HD usage. Pretty much sux since w/o that disc, the HD is useless for games.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Still, given the irritating load/save system with the memory cards in the tabulation of your fight statistics, the HD is pretty much a moot point.

I think this is the most important point. The hard drive would help with loading of graphics, but if your using a character off a memory card, the whole process is slowed down a ton as the memory card is accessed and updated with the character's statistics.