1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 HDD and VF4...

Discussion in 'Console' started by vf4akira, Mar 2, 2002.

1. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Does anybody here playing VF4 with PS2 hard drive? I was wondering if there is any decent improvement in load times or something.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

someone mentioned that the hard drive barely shaves any time off the loading at all.

3. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I think most people, perhaps rightfully so, are coming from the perspective that the HD should reduce load time to nothing or to near nothing. From this perspective, the HD is a disappointment.

However, the HD does shave off some time, so that you can begin your rounds that much earlier, so I would much rather have it than not.

Though I suppose it is evidence that it is ultimately not that worthwhile as I have not ordered a Japanese PS2 and HD to take advantage of this.

Still, given the irritating load/save system with the memory cards in the tabulation of your fight statistics, the HD is pretty much a moot point.

-Jason

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

When did the hd get released? Cost?

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Well, VF4 won't install to my HD because I don't have the utility disc with the updated drivers/etc for HD usage. Pretty much sux since w/o that disc, the HD is useless for games.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Still, given the irritating load/save system with the memory cards in the tabulation of your fight statistics, the HD is pretty much a moot point.

I think this is the most important point. The hard drive would help with loading of graphics, but if your using a character off a memory card, the whole process is slowed down a ton as the memory card is accessed and updated with the character's statistics.