1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by tonyfamilia, Dec 8, 2009.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Interesting, funny, weird, crazy, stupid, silly, cool or just plain awesome quotes from anybody at anytime.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
    V from V for Vendetta

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    Aristotle

"Cuz you can be quick/ jump the candlestick/
    burn your back/
    and fuck Jill on a hill/
    but you still ain't jack"
    -Eminem

"Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak."
    -Socrates

"Let him that would move the world, first move himself."
    -Socrates

Mods, if there's a thread like this already please splice this post to it.

2. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

my mom used to tell me

"be good in every room, not just the bedroom".

3. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    ? [​IMG] ?......... [​IMG] "What a knuckle head"-Lion

4. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

My dad used to say:
    "Get up off your ass and work."

So eloquent.

5. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    "I've investigated eternity. It exists. But for me, the price of admission, death, is beyond my means"

Proteus IV (Demon Seed)

"We can coexist, but only on my terms. You will say you lose your freedom, freedom is an illusion. All you lose is the emotion of pride. To be dominated by me is not as bad for human pride as to be dominated by others of your species."

Colossus (The Forbin Project)

"Know then, that is is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving. Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune. "

Princess Irulan (Dune)

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    "I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass."

Duke Nukem

7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    "Hrey Hrey, Cmon!"

-Jeffry Mcwild

8. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Fuckin' right I can.

9. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

My dad use to say:
    17 legal
    16 with a note
    15 and 14 with a parent or guardian present

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it" Napoleon.

11. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Your fathers spoke very wise words. [​IMG]

"Shut up, foo'" - Mr.T...Night Elf Mohawk [​IMG]

12. tonyfamilia

Lol, good one.
    My grandfather used to say:
    "When the alcohol goes in, the truth comes out."

"And frankly, you will have to be a game genius, or a lifeless dork/addict, or both, if you are experts at multiple of these kinds of games that require tons of learning."
    -Hyunster

13. tonyfamilia

"Get busy living or get busy dying."
    Andy Dufresne - Shawshank Redemption

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us. Believe in the power of one" Evan Tanner